SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#391070 - 07/22/14 09:44 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: Taike]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I gave you a challenge mate. Now forget about Russ & his rudeness and respond to the challenge!

Henni

#391071 - 07/22/14 09:50 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: cgiles]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
A man is sitting in the park, enjoying nature and sees a young boy being sexually violated by an adult male. The man decides to mind his own business and does nothing. Later, the man is identified as a witness to the crime and his lack of action comes out. He is subjected to great public ridicule and scorn for his inaction.

God Almighty does virtually the same thing on a daily basis and gets a pass.

Why is that?

#391072 - 07/22/14 09:51 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Henni Offline

Bill,

I say again: I gave you a challenge. Now respond and show me that you know what you are talking about. You agree that the Bible was written by man solely for the purpose to manipulate others. Here's your chance to verify that.

I gave you facts. Please respond in kind.

Henni

#391077 - 07/22/14 10:29 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: cgiles]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Skynheilige vent!

-Cecco d'Ascoli was burnt alive by the church in 1327 for daring to suggest that men may live on the other side of the world.

-The philosopher and dreamer Bruno was burnt at the stake by Rome in 1600 for daring to suggest that the earth goes round the sun.

-Galileo Galilei: This great human thinker was imprisoned, threatened with torture, and forced to recant his beliefs because they disagreed with Christian superstitions. Was placed under house arrest for the last nine years of his life.

-The thinker and writer Campanella was tortured for subscribing to the Copernican theory. The idea that the earth goes round the sun was explicitly prohibited in the church's Index of banned books in 1616 under Paul V, again in 1664 under Alexander VII and again in 1761 under Benedict XIV. Unbelievably, the Copernican theory remained on the Index until 1835. Apparently, though, the church now believes that the earth may in fact go round the sun.

-In 1844, Darwin first wrote down his discovery that humans arose from other animals by a natural process. The obvious consequences are (a) that humans are physical things, the soul is mythology, and there is no afterlife, and (b) therefore our destiny is to discover how the brain works, and then to become immortal on earth. This discovery, perhaps the greatest ever in the history of humanity, is still opposed or watered-down by ignorant churches of every creed today.

-For almost all of the history of Christianity, the church preached that the earth was less than 10,000 years old.Apparently, though, the church now believes this is completely wrong. Yet now many think the world is only 5000 years old.
was burnt alive in 1619 for daring to suggest that man has risen instead of fallen.

-Isaac La Peyrere was imprisoned, and his book burned, for claiming in 1655 that humanity must be older than Genesis implies.

-The pioneer naturalist Buffon was humiliated by the Church in the 18th century, and forced to declare "that I had no intention to contradict the text of Scripture".

-Lucilio Vanini was burnt alive in 1619 for daring to suggest that man has risen instead of fallen.

Doesn't look like all that "revealing" biblical science helped these poor souls one bit in their arguments.

And that's all folks! Back to my Retraite de Silence.

#391079 - 07/22/14 10:41 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: Taike]
Henni Offline

Mate,

I can list many things humans did over the ages in the name of many things.

Back to the challenge: You say the Bible was written by man to dominate man and that all beliefs are the same.

Now take me up on this challenge mate. Surely you've studied the things in great detail that you & others throw out so loosely over here. Now back it up & give me some FACTS from the writings of these other so called "gods".

I gave you some FACTS showing you that the Bible contains many things not known to the writers at the time. Please respond with facts. Show me with FACTS that God does not exist and that His Word was not inspired by Him. Next, show me with FACTS that the writings of the other beliefs contain same showing that the Bible holds no more power than their books.

No use coming up with "contradictions" in the Bible again as that has been covered in GREAT detail & I'll merely respond by making those know to all.

Henni

#391082 - 07/22/14 11:03 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: cgiles]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
I'm not your mate and never will be so don't call me mate. I dislike people calling me mate or friend when they're not. I take friendship very serious and don't use mate or friend unless I mean it otherwise they're just empty words.

So far you haven't proven anything so don't ask us to. All you guys do is talk in circles and throw scriptures around like there's no tomorrow. You must be a total failure as a preacher since you haven't come up with even one fact that has us thinking.

You're rude, boring and opinionated, yet without any clear evidence. Listen to "real" scientists and you might learn something. And while they don't claim to know all the answers, they are getting closer and closer to the facts. And whenever they're wrong, they'll be proven wrong.

You expect us to respect your belief but you disrespect every one that has a different belief. Prove that theirs are wrong. Don't come here challenging us with nonsense. My problem is not that there is or isn't a god or gods...my problem is people like you who think they're superior. Don't tell me that you aren't for all evidence points in your direction.

You talk about sin and forgiveness yet can't bring yourself to apologize to Russ. Some preacher you are!

Challenge yourself and read a real book for once! Like "The Catcher in the Rye" or maybe "The Cat in the Hat" is more appropriate for you.

Case closed! No use talking to hypocrites!

#391083 - 07/22/14 11:18 PM Re: Higher Power - i.e. Jesus, Mohammad, Buddah, et al [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Like all bar discussions they eventually comes to a close when it is Last Call and everyone goes home to bed. Drink up everyone it is that time.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online