SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#390317 - 07/05/14 04:42 AM Is the ipod air worth buying?
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Loc: New Castle Indiana USA
I don't have an ipod, but want to get the best for me, what is your opinion? Hammer like it, and that says something!

#390320 - 07/05/14 09:05 AM Re: Is the ipod air worth buying? [Re: Keith W. Bailey]
Dnj Offline

It's only "worth it" if it fills "YOUR" needs & pocketbook.

#390328 - 07/05/14 12:00 PM Re: Is the ipod air worth buying? [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Keith,
my wife and I both have had Ipads since the very first ones were available. We use them for all kinds of things besides my music requirements.

As far as my music gigs are concerned I now do not have to carry a truck load of books because I have nearly 5000 leadsheets in PDF format on my Ipad. This is important to me because I don't play by ear and have very few songs memorized - even after decades of playing them.

Run down to any of the local stores and try one out. Ask the sales person to demo them for you and show you other options as well. Right now, no other manufacture compares to Apple for the numbers of Apps available.

Deane

#390330 - 07/05/14 01:00 PM Re: Is the ipod air worth buying? [Re: Keith W. Bailey]
rosetree
Unregistered

I just began using the iPad app "Set List Maker" with additional midi feature. You can also combine it with another app called "iMidiPatchbay". You just need one of the midi-usb interfaces for ipad (I have iconnectmidi2+).
With these apps you can control several instruments simultaneously and send sound change messages. E.g. Roland sound modules like SonicCell or Integra have the problem to just have 64 storage locations for sound combinations (performances/ studio sets). You get rid of these limitations by using these apps. You can also split kayboards into several midi key zones by the app even if the keyboard itself doesn't have a split function.
These kinds of apps are preferredly released for the iPad, not as much for Android tablets.

Edited by rosetree (07/05/14 01:00 PM)

#390373 - 07/07/14 05:37 AM Re: Is the ipod air worth buying? [Re: ]
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Loc: New Castle Indiana USA
Thank you all for your comments on ipod air! I think I will maybe get one. I don't want it for keyboard use Deane, since I am thru gigging. enjoy all of the post and thank you again!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online