SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#390242 - 07/02/14 10:32 AM Re: Nostalgic Bert Kaempfert sound in detail [Re: ]
dralion Offline

Your rendition does sound like the real thing. I like it.

#390283 - 07/03/14 03:07 PM Re: Nostalgic Bert Kaempfert sound in detail [Re: dralion]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: dralion
Your rendition does sound like the real thing. I like it.

Thanks, happy you like it. So, obviously there are a few Kaempfert fans who found it on Youtube and appreciate it. I could have made more use of the supernatural features of the trumpet (e.g.glissandi), I didn't because when I first midi-recorded the tracks 2 years ago it was for the SonicCell, which doesn't have supernatural sounds yet. But the Integra is really capable of producing an orchestral sound quite close to Bert Kaempfert, if you are familiar with its 6,000 tones ;-).

#392031 - 08/19/14 12:31 PM Re: Nostalgic Bert Kaempfert sound in detail [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Just began to emulate a "new" old Bert Kaempfert tune: "That happy feeling", also known as the 'Sandy Becker show theme'. I only prepared the first minute so far, completely on the Yamaha MoXF with some Garritan samples installed on the flash board. I worked a lot on the acoustic guitars, had to record 4 different guitar patterns before I got the right Kaempfert swing. Don't know yet whether I'll do the complete song.
https://soundcloud.com/rorosetree/bert-k...eeling-1st-part

#392032 - 08/19/14 01:02 PM Re: Nostalgic Bert Kaempfert sound in detail [Re: ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
clap clap clap Bert would have a "VERY Happy Feeling" listening to this ... quite a labor of LOVE ...

#392047 - 08/20/14 04:12 AM Re: Nostalgic Bert Kaempfert sound in detail [Re: ]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
If I hadn't have known or wasn't listening to closely, I would have thought it was the original. I hear this sort of music on a " nostolgic" AM radio station here in Dallas, Texas so there must be some interest out there. Anyways, fantastic rendition, it must have been a lot of work to put it all together!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#392048 - 08/20/14 04:51 AM Re: Nostalgic Bert Kaempfert sound in detail [Re: ]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have EMC Universal, which should convert to Others, and I am trying to find some ensemble registrations for backing up my band.

I know Yamaha and others have section sax and horns, and by using harmony, one can fatten the sound up still farther.

I and my senior audience love the "dated' sound, and we all who know Bert was and think you did a great job Rosetree.

I would like to know where I can find more section sounds as it is an art to put it together properly.

Bernie

Edited by Bernie9 (08/20/14 04:52 AM)

#392049 - 08/20/14 04:58 AM Re: Nostalgic Bert Kaempfert sound in detail [Re: ]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
If I hadn't have known or wasn't listening too closely, I would have thought it was the original. I hear this sort of music on a " nostolgic" AM radio station here in Dallas, Texas so there must be some interest out there. Anyways, fantastic rendition, it must have been a lot of work to put it all together!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#392065 - 08/20/14 06:32 PM Re: Nostalgic Bert Kaempfert sound in detail [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Thanks a lot for your comments. Interesting to hear that there is a radio station that plays these nostalgic tunes.
Regarding section sounds, it is an advantage of synthesizers like the moXF or the Integra that you can edit and combine so much yourself. In the MoXF, a single voice can be composed of up to 8 waveform elements. The trombones in my recording consist of two voices (one factory Yamaha Motif voice 'Bone section' and one classical brass voice from the Garritan library) each containing several waveforms.

#392078 - 08/21/14 03:51 PM Re: Nostalgic Bert Kaempfert sound in detail [Re: ]
rosetree
Unregistered

BTW, comparing the Skokiaan tune, which I realized on the Integra (see first post in this thread), and 'That happy feeling' played with the MoXF, which of the two synthesizers sounds more convincing to you in these two examples? I like the Integra strings better, the other sounds are on a par to me.

#392085 - 08/22/14 06:33 AM Re: Nostalgic Bert Kaempfert sound in detail [Re: ]
KORG80 Offline

Rosetree,
Whether it's dated or not your renditions of Bert Kaempfert's music are superb. I'm a young 68 year old and your songs have certainly stirred the memory banks. Have you done "Swinging Safari"?

By the way this "dated" music hearkens back to the glory days of music. My local radio station had a Top 50 and the diversity and creativity displayed in the music was light years ahead of anything recorded today. Major hits by groups like the Beatles, Stones, Kinks etc. were on the same charts as "Ahab the Arab" by Ray Stevens and other novelty tunes like, "My Boomerang Won't Come Back". Instrumentals were a huge part of the music scene at that time. Anything from The Percy Faith Orchestra's "Theme From A Summer Place" to the Ventures, "Walk Don't Run". Bert Kaempfert was a big part of this musical scene.

Keep up the great work.

God Bless,
Don

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online