SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#390002 - 06/24/14 08:32 AM My Latest FRANKENSTEIN......
Dnj Offline

Originally I bought the Quik Lok LPH-X laptop holder that would connect to my X stand.....but when I got it home it was built great BUT way too heavy surprised ....actually it was heavier then the x stand itself!! eek2...my first thought was to try to make it lighter somehow confused1 .....
out comes my Hack Saw and being I didn't need that little slide out mouse shelf I would cut it off being it was riveted on! After that operation it didn't really take off much weight as the heavy gauge metal of the entire stand is just too much for a portable use......it would be great if you didn't have to move around lets say in a studio situation etc...well after 10 or so gigs I had enough and the search was on for another version of a portable lightweight laptop stand.

http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=479&sName=LPH-X

I had remembered in my storage shed I bought a traditional folding music stand a while back (pictured)....But, it was a bit too big and wide for my laptop holder needs....
so I measured the size of the Quik Lok LT holder and had it Cut to the same size and length, I probably cut off 4" all around and 2" off the bottom lip in total, filled the edges also........
I also trimmed the bottom Lip to 1/2" to avoid it slipping down. the operation was a big success and now with a little black spray paint I have a very kool portable very LIGHTWEIGHT laptop stand to use any way & in any position I choose at 1/4 of the weight Yea!. cool2

clap keys clap

Attachments
mmmmm.jpg

sssssss.jpg

Edited by Dnj (06/24/14 08:54 AM)

#390010 - 06/24/14 01:53 PM Re: My Latest FRANKENSTEIN...... [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Donny,
I have one of those. Used it when I was using a laptop. When I changed to my iPad I took it to a welding shop and and it cut down to fit the iPad size. Worked pretty good but was a bit heavy.

Deane

#390011 - 06/24/14 02:39 PM Re: My Latest FRANKENSTEIN...... [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Donny,
I have one of those. Used it when I was using a laptop. When I changed to my iPad I took it to a welding shop and and it cut down to fit the iPad size. Worked pretty good but was a bit heavy.

Deane

Deane do you have a picture of it....I tried the tablet route it doesn't compare to a Laptop for my multitasking needs on stage..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online