SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#389904 - 06/20/14 10:43 AM Mickey D's ---- Entertainment w/your Big Mac
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Under the heading of "You can't make this stuff up"
This morning I had an appointment an hour away from my home. After the appoinment I was heading back and looking for a place to get some coffee. Its 10 AM and I see a McDonalds so I pull in. Parking lot is almost full and the drive up has about 10 cars so I decide to go in. As I guessed the place is full of seniors as Mickey D's by me has become the favorite morning hangout for the older crowd. From outside the front door I hear music and I know its not canned. Wouldn't you know it, a very senior gentlemen playing his Yamaha Arranger on a table right by the front door. Music and McNuggets !
Guy played very well in a Theatre Organ style and could still do all the arrpeggios and flouishes. Got a nice round of applause when he finished. Sort of a shame that it would be fun to sit and listen for awhile but there's a sign near the register which says "tables are limited to 20 minutes while consuming McDonalds products only" I guess some of the seniors were making a morning of it and stopping business flow.
I gave him a thumbs up and took his picture by didn't hit the save button on my phone so use your imgination. Made my day.

#389925 - 06/20/14 10:45 PM Re: Mickey D's ---- Entertainment w/your Big Mac [Re: Bill Lewis]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That's great Bill. Thanks for sharing. Shame you didn't get that picture.

I would be happy to see this at a MacDonalds. Corporate chains need to have more contact like this with their local community. I think it would only improve their business.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online