SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#389614 - 06/10/14 10:07 AM Re: Is it OK (legal) to post cover song performances? [Re: travlin'easy]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Speaking of this topic, I hadn't looked at the "My Videos" section on one of my YouTube account until the other day. I found that something I had posted years ago was "cited" as a copyright issue. It was a really BAD (but funny to the friends involved) rendition of a couple of friends trying to sing "The Rose" ... (they kept laughing - long story - and stopping and trying over and over to start). So, this really BAD "cover" (if you can even call it that!) of "the Rose" with me on really old keyboards, and two not-great singers - was "caught" as a copyright issue. They didn't take the video down, they just "noted" the Copyright "issue" on it.

Jim

#389628 - 06/10/14 06:01 PM Re: Is it OK (legal) to post cover song performances? [Re: jimlaing]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I was under the impression that as long as you do not profit from it, you could play any song ...

#389629 - 06/10/14 06:13 PM Re: Is it OK (legal) to post cover song performances? [Re: jimlaing]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Copy"rights" have nothing to do with profit. It's all about distribution and multiplication. That being said ... many times, it's tough to enforce, but if you see the little (c) on a piece - it doesn't belong to you, and you need permission to do anything other than perform it live.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online