SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#389245 - 05/26/14 06:56 AM Great Tablet Mp3 player
Dnj Offline

http://folderplayer.com/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.folderplayerpro

For my Galaxy 10.1 I needed a player that has a feature thatSTOPS after playing 1 song (especially on a gig) and that is hard to find for Android devices,..no adds either.
I was using MORT player which has this feature but its a bit confusing to configure for on stage use,.....
but now I found "Folder Player" which I like MUCH better. Simple to use and does the job very well. there is a FREE and a Paid PRO version $2.99 well worth the price.

Edited by Dnj (05/26/14 07:24 AM)

#389246 - 05/26/14 07:13 AM Re: Great Tablet Mp3 player [Re: Dnj]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Nice find Donny.
Eddie

#389300 - 05/28/14 06:22 AM Re: Great Tablet Mp3 player [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I'm in the testing stages this morning for tonight gig using the galaxy 10.1 tablet & "Gig easy" universal holder on a mic stand & S-950 setup in the house...don't want any surprises. So far it seems to work out pretty good navigationaly and that's my main goal & concerns versus using my trusty laptop all these years.
The "Folder Player App Pro" does all I need for Mp3's and the stock Polaris program reads text files like a champ if needed.
The long battery power should easily cover most jobs...but I have the AC charger with me just in case also.
More to come after the gig.

#389327 - 05/28/14 06:34 PM Re: Great Tablet Mp3 player [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Well My testing is over after tonight's Dinner music gig,and as suspected a tablet cannot compare to the navigational needs I need under pressure on stage period.
Searching for songs, lyrics, etc, is a nightmare when you have thousands of files to go thru while your playing.Scrolling with your fingers isn't gonna cut it at all vs a laptop keyboard where you can keep multiple windows OPEN at the some time,and find a song instantly with by just pressing a letter button.
So my trials are over,......The laptop remains KING on MY stage in a live situation for sure!! .....
I will use the tablet for my personal pleasure off stage.

Carry On

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online