SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#389137 - 05/20/14 12:22 PM One unfortunate OFF topic
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I apologize to Nigel, but I have to put this here.I don't know how much is American media covering.Canadian media, not much.It's not like it is Justin Bieber or Kim Kardashian news so it's not that important.

Back where I am from (Bosnia and Herzegovina) was hit with the biggest flood in a century.How do I explain this.Remember New Orleans.This is 50x worse.It is actually worse material disaster tha the war we had for so many years.People have no homes anymore,and the thing is if you live on low ground your house is under water.If you live on hills there are huge land slides.Houses are falling apart.And back home houses are stronger than here.Because there is no drywall.Everything is concrete and brick.

I am not asking for money or prayers.I am just asking people in North America to research it and share it on social media.I do not know why is media ignoring all this.These are people too.Christians,Orthodox Christians,Muslims,Jewish.But the good thing is people finally realize that it really doesn't matter how you pray.Water didn't chose.Everybody is effected the same.The same thing is going on in Croatia,Serbia and Slovenia.Although Bosnia was hit the hardest than all..

Edited by mirza (05/20/14 12:42 PM)

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#389140 - 05/20/14 01:05 PM Re: One unfortunate OFF topic [Re: mirza]
mirza Offline

This is maybe 2 km from where I was born.

It's all gone.

Edited by mirza (05/20/14 01:12 PM)

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#389143 - 05/20/14 03:31 PM Re: One unfortunate OFF topic [Re: mirza]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
This is very, very sad, and the lack of media coverage is nothing short of shameful. I had to google like hell just to find some contact information for donations and where help could be directed. This is what I found so far.

http://revolution-news.com/call-help-wor...tions-supplies/

Whenever tragedies like this happen, I'm always reminded of this classic poem by John Donne way back in the 1600's:

------------------------------------
No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

John Donne
-----------------------------------------

chas

#389144 - 05/20/14 04:04 PM Re: One unfortunate OFF topic [Re: cgiles]
mirza Offline

Thank you for this.Media in North America is very disappointing.I know it doesn't sell like al qaeda or IRA or what did little prince had for breakfast today, but it should still be a breaking news on every news station.It's a human tragedy,and pretty bad one too.The worse things are coming to with all cleaning and all sickness that all this brings.

#389145 - 05/20/14 04:11 PM Re: One unfortunate OFF topic [Re: mirza]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY

#389146 - 05/20/14 04:15 PM Re: One unfortunate OFF topic [Re: Jerryghr]
mirza Offline

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=102...e=2&theater

Someone put this video that I am trying to share here on facebook.As you can hear our presidents ar not better than yours.They are probably worse.

#389147 - 05/20/14 04:17 PM Re: One unfortunate OFF topic [Re: mirza]
mirza Offline

Jerry also thank you..

#389151 - 05/21/14 02:06 AM Re: One unfortunate OFF topic [Re: mirza]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Very sad indeed. And yes, the media in the US is shameful.

But, its too easy to blame the media. The media is a 99% profit seeking industry. Their goal is to earn the best return on their investments as possible. In essence, there respond to consumer demand. For the vast, vast majority of Americans, the interest in the Kardashians will always trump a tragedy halfway around the world.

We've enabled the media to set the bar dreadfully low. We are far more shallow as a people than we'd care to admit.

Yes, its a broad brush I'm using and there are plenty of exceptions. Just not nearly enough of them.

#389156 - 05/21/14 07:08 AM Re: One unfortunate OFF topic [Re: mirza]
124 Offline

I have seen what I suppose to be reasonable coverage given to this tragedy on CBC, and also on BBC World News. Both of these stations, within their commercial constraints, are better than many at avoiding faux news a la the Kardashians, etc.

I suppose the coverage to be 'reasonable' because, like anyone else, I too have been conditioned over the years to the consist of what we've been fed - it's a very gradual, subtle process and it takes a degree of diligence and discipline for anyone to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Mirza, thank you for posting on this tragedy. Chas, John Donne's words came to mind, as well, and Bill, thank you for an honest, accurate and succinctly put viewpoint.

#389161 - 05/21/14 08:05 AM Re: One unfortunate OFF topic [Re: mirza]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Anyone who will do 20 minutes of research will discover that most of the media world wide is owned by the Rothschilds of England and their cohorts like the Rockefellers and others. Thier one gold is to have people misled and so disgusted with their government that they will happily cave into their "plan of the ages" and that is to establish a "New World Order" which for them is rolling right along and like the Devil himself, most people don't believe in him or them. If you don't know anything of the "New World Order" ask any of the Bushes, Clintons, McCain's, John Kerry, the Obama's and the list goes on and on. They know all about it. Old man Bush talked about it in the early 1990's but they will all laugh it off and say they know nothing about it. It's all based on "divide and conquer" like they did in the USA Civil War (they now own all of the banking system and the Federal Reserve Reserve and the USA is no longer a government but a "Corporation" and events, catastrophes like this aid their agenda of pissing people off about everything. And what can we do about it? Nothing but aid their cause by joining in the catastrophe of arguing and fighting and hating our governments. Every day the "New World Orders: seems to get closer and closer. It's no joke and it's not a laughing matter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online