SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38904 - 03/29/07 10:16 AM Audio Recorder KN 7000
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
I find that my Audio Recorder will no longer work, I get a message: Audio Devece cannot be used,check connection to musical instrument is correct, I am using Windows XP Pro and have checked everything I can think of, I also ran a check on my laptop running XP Home with the same result, I was wondering if there is a Patch or File to correct this, I tried reinstalling from the disk with no luck, has anyone else had this problem, thanks so much, Johnny

#38905 - 03/30/07 12:07 AM Re: Audio Recorder KN 7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Johnny,

Assuming your KN7000 is connected via USB to your PC and the Instrument is switched on.................
Go to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Click on the 'Audio' tab and make sure that in the 'Sound Playback' and 'Sound Recording' sections, the default device is set to ' Panasonic Musical Instrument' - NOT your PC's default sound card.

This fault can sometimes happen if your PC is switched on before the KN7000 and the PC has already selected the internal sound card as the default device for recording/playback.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#38906 - 03/30/07 10:20 AM Re: Audio Recorder KN 7000
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
I don't know, Bill. I checked my settings after reading this post and I am set to use the pc's soundcard as a recording and playback device. I load the audio recorder, plug in the keyboard via usb, and record. Haven't had any problems at all. Records just fine. And I'm using the old funky Windows ME,too. Maybe I've just been lucky? Hope John checked his usb cable.

Sorry I missed you and Roger this year. I enjoyed our chat at the last Jam!

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 03-30-2007).]

#38907 - 03/30/07 10:57 AM Re: Audio Recorder KN 7000
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hi Johnny,

Assuming your KN7000 is connected via USB to your PC and the Instrument is switched on.................
Go to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Click on the 'Audio' tab and make sure that in the 'Sound Playback' and 'Sound Recording' sections, the default device is set to ' Panasonic Musical Instrument' - NOT your PC's default sound card.

This fault can sometimes happen if your PC is switched on before the KN7000 and the PC has already selected the internal sound card as the default device for recording/playback.

I have tried all of this with no luck, I wondered if anyone else had this sort of problem.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online