SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#389056 - 05/16/14 01:46 PM URGENT: Help needed on sustain pedal failure...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Suddenly, my sustain pedal stopped working as I began my afternoon gig. I turned everything off/back on again and no difference. I tried three different pedals that I know work and none of them would. My choice at the time was either 0% or 100% sustain. I choose 0% and got through the gig fine.

After I was done, I went into the controller section of the T2. I'm thinking the input jack may be bad and if I reassigned the middle pedal input to sustain, life would be good again. I changed the effect to sustain, and it worked. BUT....as soon as I loaded a different song registration, I was back at square one.

Time is tight, as this evening's dance begins at 7:00pm...

It seems to me that I have to change the pedal setting for the middle output for EVERY registration/song I want to play tonight.

Is there a global command that can do this across the board? I've studied pages 187-189 of the T2 manual and don't see anything like a global option for re-assigning a foot pedal.

I've never had to mess with this before...

Any advice would be very appreciated...

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

#389060 - 05/16/14 03:14 PM Re: URGENT: Help needed on sustain pedal failure... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
rosetree
Unregistered

Does the sustain via sustain input jack disappear if you press the pedal instead of releasing it? Then it sounds like a polarity issue. Just in case you haven't tried that, but probably you know that some pedals have a switch to invert the polarity.

#389062 - 05/16/14 03:52 PM Re: URGENT: Help needed on sustain pedal failure... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill, I strongly suspect you have a cold solder joint on the sustain pedal input jack - not unusual and very easy to repair. However, if you have not been inside a keyboard, I suggest taking it to an authorized factory repair center.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online