SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#388794 - 05/10/14 06:02 AM Question on Music Pad Pro software...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Curious if the Music Pad Pro software from Freehand Music Systems will work on Windows 8.1???

Anyone know for sure one way or the other about this?

Thanks!

#388796 - 05/10/14 06:38 AM Re: Question on Music Pad Pro software... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Bill, this morning installed version 4.11 in a Windows 8.1 machine to see if it would work. I think you are still using version 3. There were a couple of error messages during the install but I persisted and disregarded the messages. After the install, Version 4.11 seems to work fine with my Sony tablet/laptop using Windows 8.1.

#388798 - 05/10/14 07:32 AM Re: Question on Music Pad Pro software... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Hey Bob,

My installation disk is for Windows 98 SE or older and is version 3.1.3

What's the recommended option if this doesn't work? Haven't really followed any recent threads on this, but last I saw guys were using laptops and Ipad with varying degrees of success.

Thoughts?

#388801 - 05/10/14 07:58 AM Re: Question on Music Pad Pro software... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I think version 3.1 should work. All you really need the software to do is convert from .png or .pdf format to Freehand format so that you can make the sheets work on the MPP. After you convert to Freehand format you just copy the file from the computer to a USB drive and move it to the MPP.

I had been using Music Reader Windows software to display sheets on my 13 inch tablet and the display is a lot crisper. But have recently gone back to the MPP because it seems to fit my needs better. As you know, I have several MPP's that I use with students.

I think most of the guys on this forum are using software apps for their tablets. To do that you would need to covert your sheets back to PDF format for the tablet.

#388802 - 05/10/14 08:05 AM Re: Question on Music Pad Pro software... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
billyhank Offline

Bill in Dayton,

You will likely need to run the program as administrator and in compatibility mode to get it to work.

Bill in Alabama

#388852 - 05/11/14 06:23 AM Re: Question on Music Pad Pro software... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Installation went smooth. I didn't do anything special at all. Now let's see if it actually works...

#388853 - 05/11/14 06:28 AM Re: Question on Music Pad Pro software... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
Installation went smooth. I didn't do anything special at all. Now let's see if it actually works...

Bill how are the two Bose compacts working out so far?

#388864 - 05/11/14 08:59 AM Re: Question on Music Pad Pro software... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Update: The MPP works absolutely normally. Hurrah!!!

Don-I won't have them until W or TH...My next day off is the 31st, but I'll find a way to get them up and running before then.

I will be sharing my observations, of course...

#388868 - 05/11/14 09:14 AM Re: Question on Music Pad Pro software... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Dnj Offline

Don-I won't have them until W or TH...My next day off is the 31st, but I'll find a way to get them up and running before then.

good luck did you trade in the L1 or sell?

#388925 - 05/12/14 02:27 PM Re: Question on Music Pad Pro software... [Re: Dnj]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

good luck did you trade in the L1 or sell?

I haven't done anything with it yet...New gear is supposed to be here by end of business Thursday...

I don't really need anything new right now, so I won't be trading it in. I'll probably put it up for sale on here first, then ebay/craigslist if no one wants it. then, plow the returns on that back into the business somehow...perhaps my T5 savings project, lol...

smile

#388926 - 05/12/14 02:59 PM Re: Question on Music Pad Pro software... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Dnj Offline

[quote=Dnj][quote=Bill in Dayton]Update: then, plow the returns on that back into the business somehow...perhaps my T5 savings project, lol...:)

makes sense,...depending on how you'll like the sound of the compacts wink ..a T5 would be a great move for you now. keys

#388933 - 05/12/14 08:05 PM Re: Question on Music Pad Pro software... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

I'm pretty happy with the equipment situation. Getting lighter again, losing very little, if any quality of sound. Really looking forward to the new stuff...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online