SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#38858 - 03/02/04 02:13 AM Saving Composer to Panel Memory
westy Offline

Loc: Manchester, UK
Hi,

I have a PR900 which I am changing this week for a PR804, (although still not convinced the piano sound is better) and would like to know if it is possible to do the following

Load a composer style from floppy disc into the composer memory and then save that to a panel memory so that the ryhthm can be selected at will from the panel memory in future instead of having to load each time from floppy disk.

Thanks

#38859 - 03/02/04 03:54 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I'm not sure if the PR804 has a 'Custom Style' facility within the Style selections, but if it has, I would suggest that this is the place to store your commonly used 'Composer' styles. The Custom Style memory can hold up to 20 styles, which can be copied from the Composer. The advantage of the Custom Style memory is that unlike the Composer Memory, it is non-volatile - it retains it's content during power down.Therefore you do not need to reload you style, every time you switch on - unless of course you overwrite the Custom Memory with a new Custom Load operation.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#38860 - 03/02/04 04:05 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
technicsplayer Offline

no, you have to load from floppy.

#38861 - 03/02/04 04:54 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
Bill Norrie Offline

It really surprises me that the PR804 does not have Custom Memory

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#38862 - 03/02/04 05:29 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
technicsplayer Offline

different instruments... different sets of features... 7k hasn't got a learning suite built in for instance, however some new software will remedy that somewhat

#38863 - 03/02/04 06:27 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
Bill Norrie Offline

Ooooo! Alec, I'll bet you've started something with that little hint

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

#38864 - 03/02/04 02:05 PM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Interesting Alec,
we're all ears (haahaa)

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
7k hasn't got a learning suite built in for instance, however some new software will remedy that somewhat

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#38865 - 03/02/04 03:54 PM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
Hello Westy,
"Load a composer style from floppy disc into the composer memory and then save that to a panel memory so that the ryhthm can be selected at will from the panel memory in future instead of having to load each time from floppy disk."
This is impossible. The panel memory is like a note pad, it can remember all the instrument settings but NOT the composer data.
Sorry, your ensemble piano is not fit for the frequently using of disk styles.
The solutions for your problem are not cheap, because you have to add a better aranger keyboard like KN 7000 or YAMAHA PSR 9000/ 9000 pro.
Or you may use MIDI files.
Regards
RF

#38866 - 03/02/04 04:43 PM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi Westy:

I have a PR900 and the PR804. I like the default piano sound a lot better on the PR900. I believe the default Reverb setting is to reverby on the PR804. Set the Reverb to Room1 total depth at 64. Only problem is, each time you power on, it will revert back to the original default. Also when loading files will set the reverb according to the reverb setting of the files. There are ways to prevent that, will explain if interested...

One other thing, if you have and plan on loading PR900 format files on the PR804, be in for a shock. The only PR900 file that will load on the PR804 is the composer. All the rest will give you an error.

The only recourse is to find a PR702/902 or PR703/903 load the PR900 files and resave in the converted formats. Then all will load in the PR804, Current Memory, Panel Memory, Sequencer, and Composer. Some adjustment to volume maybe needed.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 03-02-2004).]

#38867 - 03/03/04 12:13 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
westy Offline

Loc: Manchester, UK
RF

I won't be loading files that frequently as the PR804 has so many good ones already available, it was just a query which could have made things easier, however I have just realised that having read the manual even though I have not got the PR804 yet that you can load them directly through the USB port from a PC which will be better.

Anthony,

I had read the previous posts with regard to compatability and it is only the composer data that I wished to load so should be OK

I have decided that I will keep the PR900 until I am satisfied that I can live with the PR804 piano sound.
Re you comments about the settings reverting to default on switch on. It is my understanding from the manual of the PR900 that if you press the sustain pedal while you switch on the instrument it operates with the same settings as were operational when it was last switched off, surely this must apply to the PR804 as well.

#38868 - 03/03/04 11:09 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Interesting Alec,
we're all ears (haahaa)
best wishes
Rikki

Hi Rikki, hope things are going well...
Hi Willum,
Technote should now be shipping a new software series for KN7000, PR804 and PR604 consisting of rolling music score in the screen songs. You can sing along to the lyrics of the full arrangement, play right hand, play left hand, play both hands, busk an accompaniment yourself, slow the tempo to learn the song from the in tempo rolling leadsheet in the screen etc. The presets have been used in an extremely sophisticated way to give an arrangement comparable to any midi file and possibly even better than most if you listen to the total sound

#38869 - 03/03/04 11:37 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
AnthonyCian Offline

Westy

Yes, the PR804 can save the settings by pressing the sustained pedal. However, I am not sure on this, but I think there is a 80min time limit. If the power has been off after 80mins then I'm not sure pressing the sustained pedal will work. I actually never did test this. Interesting though to know for sure...

Anthony

#38870 - 03/03/04 01:40 PM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Alec,
thank you.

I just checked Technote. I found 3 new titles
Contempary, Swing & Latin ( love the titles of the latin songs). I assume they're the ones you're referring to Alec

Don't know whether this link will work, but I found them under ( just in case anyones interested)
KN7000_ New Software Titles. http://www.technote.com/products.asp?IsS...tid=82&x=7&y=12

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by technicsplayer:
[B] Hi Rikki, hope things are going well...

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#38871 - 03/04/04 01:04 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Are the songs sequence songs or particular parts including the sheetmusic saved in a panel memory?
rgds
Willem

#38872 - 03/04/04 04:15 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by waterschip:
Are the songs sequence songs or particular parts including the sheetmusic saved in a panel memory?
rgds
Willem

both really, they are sequenced songs using the panel memories, so you can turn the melody and/or accompaniment off and play those parts live yourself using just the control track to change panel memories following the score in the screen.

#38873 - 03/04/04 04:14 PM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Westy

Hav you tried saving your settings to 'Favourites' A friend of mine recently bought the PR804. This is the first electric piano he has owned and I am amazed at how he has mastered the technicalities of the piano. He has several floppies with his various settings saved to them already. His age? He is 70+ going on 17 years old, but great fun to be with.

Regards

Aud

#38874 - 03/04/04 10:38 PM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
AnthonyCian Offline

Hi Aud

The PR804 doesn't have a sophisicated Favorites menu like the KN7000. It's really very limited in my opinon and I don't even use it that much. But that's me...

It's only beneficial if needing any of the preset sounds, rhythm, and styles already built in the PR804 for easy access. If a save to disk is needed, then what's needed on the disk can be set in the panel memories, why bother using favorites.

To set a Favorite Style, is very limited to just the preset piano and ensemble styles, can't be modifyed. At least I couldn't find a way to have a user style set as Favorite.

Good thought in bringing up the favorites feature though...

Anthony

#38875 - 03/05/04 02:58 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
waterschip Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
both really, they are sequenced songs using the panel memories, so you can turn the melody and/or accompaniment off and play those parts live yourself using just the control track to change panel memories following the score in the screen.

Sad, In that case I always have to follow and depending of the control track.
rgds.
Willem

#38876 - 03/05/04 04:20 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by waterschip:
Sad, In that case I always have to follow and depending of the control track.
rgds.
Willem

well, that's the only way of doing it if you listen to the sophistication of the total arrangements, which come out like multitrack midi files and you will be hard pressed to produce the total effect without a control track on some songs. You could copy the song to a blank disk and edit the control track to delete all panel memory, pad, techni-chord and sustain etc data and leave just the score in the screen. After all once you've learnt the song you can play it anyway you like

#38877 - 03/05/04 08:13 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
waterschip Offline

[QUOTE]
After all once you've learnt the song you can play it anyway you like QUOTE

I'm a home player and after a while not playing the songI need the music again.
I don't know much about scanning and importing pictures but the following thoughts is that possiible to do.

I scan the first verse, make a composer var.1
in the screen that particular part of the music and save in a PM.
I put on the screen let's say the refrain, new composer in var 2 and save that in a PM
etc. etc.
So everytime I press the PM button I get the right composer part and the right music peace.
Or is it only possible to show one picture.

willem

#38878 - 03/05/04 09:35 AM Re: Saving Composer to Panel Memory
technicsplayer Offline

pictures are controlled by the sequencer, not panel memory, so the sequencer can also control panel memory changes if you so wish. Whether you have any music in the sequencer is immaterial, you can use a totally silent sequence just to display pictures at the correct timing of the song and play left and right hand along live. This is one of the various options with this new software for example. The ideal is to produce a rolling score where you can always see the melody coming on the next page before you have to play it, which is what has been achieved. Much more intuitive to experience than to try and describe in writing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online