Great question!!

I have always gotten joy playing music. Tyros 5 in my new baby now but I have always had great pleasure playing basic piano as a young child. In 3rd grade I learned cornet and was lead trumpet player thru high school. My family had a Lowrey console organ that led me to all my electronic keyboards.

In 1983 I felt I was the only guy in my world that knew what MIDI was and what you could do with it. I was so frustrated that my musician friends didn't feel the same way. I started composing and sequencing a lot and this brought me even more satisfaction. Some of my newer PC music software wows me to no end!!

Where I lack in musical skills I make up with music appreciation. I can switch musical genres in a heartbeat and go where ever my mood takes me. I'm lucky to have been in school band where we played many types of music. I'm lucky to be from the "top 40" generation of radio where a top country song could be followed by a Led Zeppelin song. Today it seems that people WANT to pigeonhole themselves into listening to only 1 or 2 types of music.................

Like Gary ..........I have music going thru my head all the time. I still sing (hum?? lol) out loud at work or in the car. I create music as I dream and have learned to write some of it out before I forget it. Even on the saddest days I can turn to music to make me feel better. I couldn't imagine my life without it....................Best wishes all! -charley