SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38786 - 01/23/06 02:48 AM The Strictly Guitar Page Launched!
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Dear forumfriends,
I have finished the making of and publishing of the Strictly Guitar Page on KESO. As I am a former guitarist, I love to listen to the instrumentals of (former) guitarists. As the KN7000 has beautiful guitarsounds, it seems to me that it is a challenge to reconstruct former tophits.
If you like it too than you are invited to send me your 'Strictly Guitar'-song of any genre, played on the KN7000.
The only 'restriction' is: finally recorded with the Easy Record Button and of course, the lead-instrument is a guitar-sound!
In fact this means that the song was played with: presetted or selfmade composerstyle - left and/or right hand - (programmed) panel memories - maybe performance pad - using presetted or selfmade guitarsound.
Hope all work right.
Hope you enjoy it,
Cheers,
Cees
Webmaster of KESO-songs, KESO-café and KESO-jukebox on http://www.keso.nl

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 01-23-2006).]

#38787 - 01/24/06 07:14 AM Re: The Strictly Guitar Page Launched!
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Hi Cees and all Guitar Page participants,
Very good, My hat off to all who took part so far.
One question: were all of the songs played in real time, or were some sequenced, or some done in real time plus added tracks to embellish?
I would be interested in the above detail for each one.
Walt

#38788 - 01/24/06 07:45 AM Re: The Strictly Guitar Page Launched!
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Hi Walt,

I can't speak for others, but I can tell you that my version of 'Cavatina' was sequenced in Technics format, where every track used was 'played' in realtime. Hope this answers your question.

Long time no speak. !! I hope you're well, and my best regards to you. - Cheers,

Colin.

#38789 - 01/24/06 09:19 AM Re: The Strictly Guitar Page Launched!
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Thanks Walt for your compliments. I recorded all my songs by Easy Recording. This means for me: playing over and over ( and over) again, trying to make no errors . So they are only mixed with my blood, sweat and tears
Glad you like the songs of my guests and I am glad with any contribution; for that makes us to enjoy our keyboards and the fun we have with this hobby.
Cheers,
Cees

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 01-24-2006).]

#38790 - 01/25/06 07:31 AM Re: The Strictly Guitar Page Launched!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Walt,
My guitar sequences were played in real time in the sequencer, using the Easy Record facility, with post recording editing to remove/correct the 'Bum' notes However, I spent a lot of time creating the styles and sounds.......
One sequence (Dance On) had a few drum and Bass 'figures' added in other tracks.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#38791 - 01/25/06 01:30 PM Re: The Strictly Guitar Page Launched!
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Cees,Colin,and Willum,
Thanks for confirming how each song was generated. I had pretty well figured it out by listening and by looking at the file structure and the sequencer tracks.
Each one sounded different but all very good.
Walt

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online