SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#387909 - 04/14/14 08:27 PM My first Q4HD video
Beakybird Offline

Dear SynthZone arranger people.

I guess I'm going to upload this video to my website, and it would help to have some views before I show it to potential clients.

I made this video using the Zoom Q4HD. The video looked a tad blurry when I watched it on my iPad 2, but it was crystal clear on my PC and LG smart phone.

Please tell me what you think. It's not very advanced keyboard playing, but at least it looks like I'm having fun.

Here's the URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3XnH1l7AMM

#387913 - 04/14/14 09:41 PM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Great performance Larry. You are having fun and I k ow the audience was too!
Wish I had some of those dance moves!

#387917 - 04/15/14 01:48 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

I would bring somebody with you to use the camera so you can get different angles of the audience and you playing instead of 1 Position all the time.

#387933 - 04/15/14 09:11 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
DonM Offline

Great idea Donny. Let's see some!
I will if you will.

#387935 - 04/15/14 09:28 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Great idea Donny. Let's see some!
I will if you will.

Don....that's not gonna happen as Im not a video guy, recordings yes, videos no for me at this time..
I don't even have a HD audio input video HD cam except on my smart phone. wink No offense but I just tried to give my honest opinion on this as I saw it, maybe take alot of video clips from different performances and select only the "best moments" and make a video collage with "fade in swipes" producing a real prof look to offer clients,... if I'm being honest the "bouncing headset mic & wire" turned me off as well,... that would drive me nuts, eek2 but I guess some players like it, confused1
I'm not one of them. The playing was great, enjoyed all the different sounds Larry used during the song, no problem there the S950 sounds terrific..!! keys clap

#387940 - 04/15/14 09:55 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
DonM Offline

I thought you had the same Kodak Z18 video camera as I do.
It's inexpensive and has audio inputs.

#387941 - 04/15/14 10:05 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

I thought you had the same Kodak Z18 video camera as I do.
It's inexpensive and has audio inputs.

Yes I have the Kodak ZX1 in a drawer somewhere....
but there are NO Audio Inputs on it to record only the onboard mic frown

#387945 - 04/15/14 10:32 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
DonM Offline

Bummer, I HAVE to have the audio inputs!

#387946 - 04/15/14 10:45 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Bummer, I HAVE to have the audio inputs!

This one is an older model frown
its not a bad pocket video recorder but just not for
Audio direct. Right after it came out so did Smart phones with better quality Video also. But for me if you gonna video yourself playing it should be "interesting to the eyes" instead of a stagnant stand alone scene all the time. But it requires at least two people, ....the player & a camera person to pan and zoom, angles, etc,.

Attachments
images.jpg

#387948 - 04/15/14 10:55 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
DonM Offline

I got really good results, both sound and video from mine. Had it on a tripod because I was alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35DRJFIhEKE

#387949 - 04/15/14 10:58 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I think the main thing is the enthusiasm and stage presence, in addition to the lighthearted playing. This is what makes a musician an entertainer.

Keep it up Larry.

#387950 - 04/15/14 11:01 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
DonM Offline

Larry does great at that!

#387951 - 04/15/14 11:08 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

I got really good results, both sound and video from mine. Had it on a tripod because I was alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35DRJFIhEKE

No doubt Don I've seen these all excellent quality both video & audio.....but what I'm saying is if someone knows they are going to video your act bring someone for those specific gigs to capture different angles, zoom, & special moments that later at home can be easily edited to create a very interesting video of the act in many different ways. People watching are easily board watching the same thing keep the viewer excited.

http://blog.discmakers.com/2013/03/creating-magical-moments-in-your-live-music-performance/

#387960 - 04/15/14 07:10 PM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Larry ... I can see how you stay so thin ... dance

#387961 - 04/15/14 08:11 PM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
Beakybird Offline

Thanks for watching. That's my first time using the Q4HD. I think the audio and video are very high quality.

I agree that the optimal way to achieve great video is to get more than one angle. Next time, I'll bring someone along with a second camera.

#387969 - 04/16/14 06:52 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Beakybird
Thanks for watching. That's my first time using the Q4HD. I think the audio and video are very high quality.

I agree that the optimal way to achieve great video is to get more than one angle. Next time, I'll bring someone along with a second camera.

IMO your don't need an second camera but just a second person to move around recording your performances as you play live on a few different gigs making sure you get audience response & reaction besides you just playing. Then later on at home dissect the videos using an editing program and take the best parts to create One nice DVD demo of your work for potential customers to see & hear.

Edited by Dnj (04/16/14 07:19 AM)

#387982 - 04/16/14 10:45 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Dnj]
Beemer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Dnj,

Sorry but IMO your Redbank NJ video (Hurricane?) is a poor video performance. Why did you pick this particular one?

Ian

#387984 - 04/16/14 10:54 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

Ian please explain further?

#387986 - 04/16/14 12:11 PM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

let me explain further the hurricane video shows what I'm talking about also multi-angle shots in rapid succession giving the client a good overall view of your performance.

#387989 - 04/16/14 12:58 PM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
DonM Offline

Well, there are only two reasons I would ever do a video. First is to critique myself and try to make improvements. Second, to have something for my grand kids to see years from now.
The exception to this is the ones I put on Youtube that actually WERE to let a local venue see. Unfortunately I was on an emergency-type time table and didn't have time to do something more elaborate. (I did get an offer from it, but much later.)
I agree that to do a truly great promotional video you need to use extra gear, personnel and software.
I'm a one-shot, real-time guy when it comes to audio and video recordings. I think it is because I'm lazy.
If we wait until everyone takes time to make major productions we will most likely see very few videos of one another. I'd rather see something like Beaky made. It shows what he does and he does it well!

#387990 - 04/16/14 01:28 PM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

Well if people are going to be lazy about their music & not give 110% then they will only get out of it what they put into it IMO.
If that's the case I wouldn't even bother showing anyone a video that is less then perfect IMO. You really have to make yourself STAND OUT amongst the rest in this game..
Or Clients will just go elsewhere ....

Edited by Dnj (04/16/14 01:29 PM)

#387998 - 04/16/14 03:13 PM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beakybird]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto! If you want top quality production type videos, hire Captain Russ - He'll provide you with what you need. The only reason I recorded videos was for instructional purposes, such as the setup vids I put on You Tube last year and a few years ago. I was amazed at the number of other performers that called and asked how to create the console I have, and the top rack for the Rock and Roller cart. There are a dozen guys nationwide using the exact same setup I have now, all of whom are doing the senior circuit in various parts of the country. They all claimed the videos helped them get started. I was glad I could provide that kind of help to other players.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#388024 - 04/17/14 06:28 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Dnj]
Beemer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Donny,

Obviously videos as, with sound recordings, are perceived differently by different folks. I cannot tell from the video whether this was made by yourself or made by the mentioned, presumably professional, Hurricane productions.

Regardless, again to my eyes, the video compression, whether as uploaded or compressed by You Tube, was poor with many compression artifacts. Next the camera was handheld and apparently without stabilisation enabled. Lastly the editing had some clips back to back which were so short that I hardly had time to look at the content before they were gone.

Sorry if I have spoiled the party (or the wedding) frown

Ian

#388028 - 04/17/14 06:46 AM Re: My first Q4HD video [Re: Beemer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Beemer
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Donny,

Obviously videos as, with sound recordings, are perceived differently by different folks. I cannot tell from the video whether this was made by yourself or made by the mentioned, presumably professional, Hurricane productions.

Regardless, again to my eyes, the video compression, whether as uploaded or compressed by You Tube, was poor with many compression artifacts. Next the camera was handheld and apparently without stabilisation enabled. Lastly the editing had some clips back to back which were so short that I hardly had time to look at the content before they were gone.

Sorry if I have spoiled the party (or the wedding) frown

Ian

Ian it was a commercial demo video off you tube I had nothing to do with making it...your missing the point, so called quality aside....the video was intended to show the difference between a stand alone boring video with one continuous angle versus and multiangle multi faceted view for the client to see.
These can be easily done with a home cam using a second person no biggie..will it increase jobs? I doubt it as clients aren't stupid and know any demo CD or Video can easily be manipulated sound or video wise to be perceived better, ...every show is different, every show brings a different response from the audience, every show is energetically produced by the player differently according to what interaction the crowd brings to the entertainer,......nothing can compare to a live show for the clients approval. All I can say is make yourself really STAND OUT from the ordinary everyday competition...
and if you do they will Come After YOU instead you you chasing them for jobs.. wink

Edited by Dnj (04/17/14 06:47 AM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online