SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#387692 - 04/08/14 05:34 PM I Love my new Customized RockNRoller Cart (R8RT)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
After reading this synthzone thread with great interest, I finally purchased a RockNRoller (model R8RT) cart, and LOVE IT! smile

Thanks to Gary Diamond's pictures, videos, and construction guidance,
I had a pair of aluminum rails constructed for my cart secured by quick release detent pins.

Here are pics (see below) of my RockNRoller Cart with custom aluminium rail assembly of which includes the option of mounting the rails at 3 different height positions.

The 2 upper positions utilize existing pre-drilled RockNRoller handle holes. I had a 3rd set of lower holes drilled so the keyboard case can sit below the top of the cart handles (see pics). I
purchased two 5 ft lengths ($11.77 each) of 6061-T6 1" Square (0.125" thick) Aluminum Tubing and four Stainless Steel detent pins with Lanyard...452; $4.59 each.
The Aluminum machined cuts and holes were all done by my local machine shop so I don't have those specs.

The big advantage of installing the light weight aluminium rails (shelf) is you avoid the risk of back injury not having to bend to lift the keyboard off the floor. Gary, both my back & myself thank you for the help and the pics & info you've shared. rocker

Scott smile

#387693 - 04/08/14 05:50 PM Re: I Love my new Customized RockNRoller Cart (R8RT) [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Looks great!....Never leave home without a R&R!

#387694 - 04/08/14 05:55 PM Re: I Love my new Customized RockNRoller Cart (R8RT) [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Looks great, Scott. I'm glad I could be of help. What is really nice about that particular setup is you can make just one trip from the car to the job and no back breaking lifting. In my case, I use a plywood reinforced keyboard case that doubles as a work station while setting up. And, the top shelf setup weighs next to nothing.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (04/08/14 05:59 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#387698 - 04/08/14 08:22 PM Re: I Love my new Customized RockNRoller Cart (R8RT) [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Looks just like mine Scott. Gary's is the bigger model.
Where are the Nano covers??

#387703 - 04/08/14 08:57 PM Re: I Love my new Customized RockNRoller Cart (R8RT) [Re: DonM]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Great job, Scott, it looks terrific!

#387716 - 04/09/14 08:14 AM Re: I Love my new Customized RockNRoller Cart (R8RT) [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Donny, you're absolutely right about the RockNroller. It's awesome. cool

Gary, getting all the gear from car to job in one trip is a godsend, and having the added aluminum rails act as a standing height shelf
Is equally appreciated. And With the aluminum rails attached the cart is more stable and solid than ever. smile

Don, assuming you're referring to the Nano Sub dust covers wink
that came with our 300' s wasn't sure how much actual protection other than keeping the dust off
they provide so for the quick in and out local gigs have been leaving them at home. That said,
I really love the Lucas Nano sound, ultra lightweight 22 lb portability and flexible setup versatility owning two Lucas Nano 300
Units offers.

Graham, thanks for sharing the pic of your RockNRoller Shelf modified utilizing detent pins setup and email explaining how you did it.
smile

Scott

#387719 - 04/09/14 08:59 AM Re: I Love my new Customized RockNRoller Cart (R8RT) [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Donny, you're absolutely right about the RockNroller. It's awesome. cool

Gary, getting all the gear from car to job in one trip is a godsend, and having the added aluminum rails act as a standing height shelf
Is equally appreciated. And With the aluminum rails attached the cart is more stable and solid than ever. smile

Don, assuming you're referring to the Nano Sub dust covers wink
that came with our 300' s wasn't sure how much actual protection other than keeping the dust off
they provide so for the quick in and out local gigs have been leaving them at home. That said,
I really love the Lucas Nano sound, ultra lightweight 22 lb portability and flexible setup versatility owning two Lucas Nano 300
Units offers.

Graham, thanks for sharing the pic of your RockNRoller Shelf modified utilizing detent pins setup and email explaining how you did it.
smile

Scott

Scott just be careful the rough bottom rails of the R&R could essentially scratch the Nanos subs left unprotected..
just sayin' cool2 I don't know how anyone can gig and transport with out a R&R....best bang for the buck anywhere....your gear & your back will thank you! I have two an R10 & R8.. cool2

#387730 - 04/09/14 11:44 AM Re: I Love my new Customized RockNRoller Cart (R8RT) [Re: Scottyee]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Looks like I'll have to get the RocknRoller.

Thanks for the helpful links on the materials.

Do you still use your EV100's? Do they fit on the cart with the rest of the equipment? I bought them way back on your review and recommendation, and still like using them. I just hate lifting them up on the speaker poles.

Regards,

Jerry

#387731 - 04/09/14 12:11 PM Re: I Love my new Customized RockNRoller Cart (R8RT) [Re: Scottyee]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - wow, looks great! I'll have to consider a mod like this to my R12! Now, if they would only make the WHOLE cart (metal parts) out of aLL aluminum ... that would probably take ~5 kilos off the weight of the whole cart!

Nice looking custom Rock'n'Roller!

-Jim

#387742 - 04/10/14 06:56 AM Re: I Love my new Customized RockNRoller Cart (R8RT) [Re: Scottyee]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have used this same model for years. The only problem was my rear tires would get a flat, so I bought the new model with solid tires and it has been great. I bought the accessory shelf to go with it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online