SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#38764 - 01/27/06 02:08 PM Two-Tier Keyboard Stand
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Now that I have two KN7s I would like to link them via midi, does anyone know where I can purchase a good, strong, collapsible 2-tier keyboard stand in the U.K.?

Aud (U.K.)

#38765 - 01/28/06 05:24 AM Re: Two-Tier Keyboard Stand
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Now that I have two KN7s I would like to link them via midi, does anyone know where I can purchase a good, strong, collapsible 2-tier keyboard stand in the U.K.?

Aud (U.K.)

Hi Audrey,

I bought a keyboard stand for my KN7000 from
Soundpad Music Shop in 2, Rolle Quay, Barnstaple, North Devon. Tel 01271323686
It is a strong double cross legged stand that folds flat. Cost £30. I don't know if they will deliver if you are unable to go to Barnstaple.

Derek Munson

#38766 - 01/28/06 06:25 AM Re: Two-Tier Keyboard Stand
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Audrey,
I use an 'A-Frame' type stand which is much more stable than the standard cross legged stands - particularly if you are putting more than one keyboard on the stand! They take up a bit more room, but is it not better to have a stable set-up, when you consider that you will have around £3000 worth of gear sitting on it
You can see the same model I have, on this website
http://www.procommusic.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=241

This stand can take up to 3 keyboards but it is quite versatile, in that you can remove an unwanted rack if you wish and the heights and rake angle of the keyboard supports are fully adjustable. It can be dismantled relatively easily for transport.
I'll email you a picture........

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#38767 - 01/28/06 08:33 AM Re: Two-Tier Keyboard Stand
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have X stands with three tiers and they are adjustable for rake angle and quite stable and strong. They can be refigured also for one or two keybords.
HOWEVER>>.........
When you have three keyboards on the stand you can only put a music book on the top keyboard and you need TALL EYES to read the music
Bebop

#38768 - 01/28/06 08:46 AM Re: Two-Tier Keyboard Stand
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Aud (UK)
Try here http://www.bck.co.uk and look under Accessories for Keyboard Stands, the KST2 + KST2C will probably suit.
Hope this Helps.

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 01-28-2006).]

#38769 - 01/28/06 10:08 AM Re: Two-Tier Keyboard Stand
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Aud
I have been using this one for two keyboards including my KN7000 for 20 yrs. It is rock solid, very transportable, and is just as good as new. It comes in Siver and black.

It is the Ultimate Support "Apex". Here is a link.
http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/acatalog/Keyboard_Stands.html

Bernie

#38770 - 01/28/06 10:19 AM Re: Two-Tier Keyboard Stand
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bernie, I have the same vote..

#38771 - 01/28/06 01:56 PM Re: Two-Tier Keyboard Stand
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Well! thank you all very much for your quick response to my posting.

Abacaus: I have ordered the new BCK Catalogue
which should arrive in a day or two.

Bernie9: I took a look at Bonners and will be ringing them tomorrow, as I think they usually have a stand at the Keyboard Cavalcade Music Festival and if this is the case, I will be visiting Lowestoft (the new venue) in April next and will see for myself (I hope).

Bill Norrie: thanks for your help as well which I will be following up later.

Bebop: as I cannot play without some form of written music, I guess I'll have to borrow my grandchildren's "popping eyeballs". In case you don't know about these they are painted eyeballs on the end of a spring and if you hold them to your own eyes, you can make them bounce/dance anywhere/anyway you want to (within the spring's limits)

Thinking about it, this could be THE ultimate entertainment for my senior audiences - what do you think? A hit or what?

Thanks again everyone!

Audrey

#38772 - 01/28/06 02:16 PM Re: Two-Tier Keyboard Stand
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
The Apex stands are great I've used them for years, but be careful if you intend on playing with your music rest fitted, since the Apex slopes back some stands do get in the way.

#38773 - 01/29/06 01:23 AM Re: Two-Tier Keyboard Stand
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
The only downside I have experienced is the lack of room for a large pedalboard. The legs could get in the way in some cases.

Bernie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online