#387262 - 03/31/14 04:49 PM Re: Catching Up....! [Re: captain Russ]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
And I thought Obama was ripping us off.... grin

Just kidding, although I like to know the secret to be so valuble.. wink

#387301 - 04/01/14 08:07 AM Re: Catching Up....! [Re: Fran Carango]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Fran, this is pure luck. These folks travel around the world in 2 identical 747's. Occasionally, they'll send one to the US to pick up fresh fruit.

I have a lady friend who takes off from her regular job to wipe up glass water marks from the furniture to the tune of $5,000 a week for 5 8 hour days. Sometimes, there are no visitors to the mansion; she gets paid anyway.

A friend, Mike Allen, played for these people until he passed.

They frequented the restaurant I played. The farm manager was the son of my guitar tech. It's "Right place; right time".
Talent has little to do with it. The film work and publishing come from my day company. The music connection got me in.

Pure luck. There are several folks her who could handle the gigs. The film work is probably another matter.

Russ

#387354 - 04/01/14 10:35 PM Re: Catching Up....! [Re: captain Russ]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: captain Russ

They frequented the restaurant I played....It's "Right place; right time".....Talent has little to do with it.....The music connection got me in......Pure luck.

Russ.....your posts are always interesting for me. You tell everything like it is in the music industry.....the ups and downs, the back and forths, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Seriously, I've been in a holding pattern for the last year or two figuring out how to reinvent myself to get back to work. I think my standard OMB days are over. Audiences are waning for that kind of gig.

Your posts help me to think outside of the box. That there are many outlets and different gigs still available out there if you look hard enough. I was even considering DisneyWorld.

I still haven't figured out how to get back into the playing field, but I always feel my brain shift into high gear when I read your "out of the box" candid posts.

Keep them coming.....they're helping me to exercise my "alternative thinking" process!

Mark

#387363 - 04/02/14 04:00 AM Re: Catching Up....! [Re: captain Russ]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Fran, this is pure luck.

They frequented the restaurant I played. The farm manager was the son of my guitar tech. It's "Right place; right time".
Talent has little to do with it.
Pure luck. There are several folks her who could handle the gigs. The film work is probably another matter.

Russ

Can't be all luck, I've heard you play and sing........but you do show lots of humility with your comments.

#387372 - 04/02/14 08:28 AM Re: Catching Up....! [Re: Stephenm52]

Mark, I find your contributions here to be among the ones I really look forward to. Everything you say reflects an inner sensitivity and intelligence.

And, as you were here, you're kind....especially to us old dudes.

With your attitude, you'll get to where you want to be, for sure.

Really glad to have come in contact with you.

Russ

#387374 - 04/02/14 08:48 AM Re: Catching Up....! [Re: captain Russ]

Folks, I just reread this thread, and believe I got a little carried away.

For the last 4 years, I have lived on $48,000.00 per year, and donated all excess income to my favorite causes.

Luckily, last year, for instance, that donation amount equaled more than 10 times the amount I withdrew from my company for personal use.

That's why I go to Dubai. That's why, pushing 70 years old, I work 110 hours per week and have big jobs (Eg. products imported into the US into "big box" stores needing packaging, literature, film, advertisments, etc.) scheduled that won't be completed for 5 years.

Must think I'm gonna live forever.

I had it pretty rough growing up, and helping others gives me a reason to live.

And, don't think I'm starving. Still have lots (too many, actually) of toys, get fed at the finest restaurants and really don't have expensive tastes.

Sharing matters. You folks matter.

R.

#387376 - 04/02/14 08:51 AM Re: Catching Up....! [Re: Stephenm52]

Stephen. I always wanted to visit in person.

Maybe we can make that happen one day. I'm thinking of making a "hit list" and hitting the road for week-end visits (Sunday-Monday-can't miss the gigs) with people I know here but haven't met in person.

You're on that list.

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (04/02/14 08:56 AM)

#387379 - 04/02/14 09:33 AM Re: Catching Up....! [Re: captain Russ]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
The secret to a long life is to stay active. Me, I spend 7 days a week preparing for the next Winter Olympics. In fact, I've practically worn my recliner out practicing for the Luge.

smile

chas

#387380 - 04/02/14 09:44 AM Re: Catching Up....! [Re: cgiles]

Old buddy, you certainly don't learn to play Round Midnight like that (your recent post), fly a commercial jet, do yourself proud in the military, be nominated for world's best grandpa (I see the joy in your face, you old softy) and put up with your strange country friend in Kentucky sitting in that chair!

I'm starting a rumor that you're learning to CLOG (LOL)!

Be well, friend!

Russ

#387381 - 04/02/14 09:50 AM Re: Catching Up....! [Re: captain Russ]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Actually, I used to CLOG, but I'm eating more fiber now.

smile

chas

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online