SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38718 - 01/28/06 09:30 AM SOUND EDIT QUESTION
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Is there a way to take Trombone Long Fall and make this "fall" a Unison Saxes fall? If not, is there a way to get this fall other than using the Pitch Bend wheel set to 12? Using the wheel doesn't give me the good sound of the fall in the keyboard's Trombone Long Fall. I am quite surprised they didn't include this sound on the KN7000 for the unison saxes as well.

Thanks,

nsr007

#38719 - 01/28/06 03:30 PM Re: SOUND EDIT QUESTION
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I'm sure it is possible, using the sound editing facilty in the KN7000, to produce a 'fall' sound on the Unison Saxes. The 'new' sound could then be stored in Sound Memory. I'm not near my KN7000 at present, but I'll have a look the Trombone Long Fall tomorrow and see how it is implemented. It could be that the particular sound is a direct sample of a real Trombone, executing the 'fall' in which case, it won't show up as a pitch change, when the sound is copied in to the editor.
Bear in mind that Saxes cannot execute the same kind of large continuous pitch slide possible on a Trombone.
Could be why that option is not present in the Unison Saxes

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#38720 - 01/28/06 06:10 PM Re: SOUND EDIT QUESTION
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by nsr007:
Is there a way to take Trombone Long Fall and make this "fall" a Unison Saxes fall? If not, is there a way to get this fall other than using the Pitch Bend wheel set to 12? Using the wheel doesn't give me the good sound of the fall in the keyboard's Trombone Long Fall. I am quite surprised they didn't include this sound on the KN7000 for the unison saxes as well.

nsr007, From what I remember most of the effects you hear are added to the basic instrument sound so they can be delited or possibly changed. But as Bill says, puttung the effect on saxes may not be desireable.

At one time I spent a lot of time reshaping the instrument sounds on the keyboard. I decided that they did a far better job then I was doing. I will adjust the effects or the tone a bit but no more.

John C.

Thanks,

nsr007

[This message has been edited by bruno123 (edited 01-28-2006).]

#38721 - 01/29/06 02:44 AM Re: SOUND EDIT QUESTION
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I've had a look at the Trombone Long Fall sound and it is, as I suspected, within the original sampled sound.
A similar effect could be achieved on any of the sustained sounds, such as Trumpet, Sax, Strings etc. by editing the Pitch Envelope, using the KN7000 editing facility. However, it would require quite a bit of time and experimentation and in the end, may not sound too good

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#38722 - 01/29/06 06:38 AM Re: SOUND EDIT QUESTION
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks, guys for your valued thoughts on this. I am able to do it fairly well using the pitch bend wheel set at 12.

Do understand that I am doing this on occasion only when working in COMPOSER. When normally playing the keyboard, I use the foot pedal set to glide.

nsr007

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online