SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#386992 - 03/26/14 02:17 PM Re: Advice wanted for new Harmonizer... [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
"use all the tools available" ... the better YOU feel about your performance, the better it will be, and the more the audience will enjoy it ... I doubt if many people in the audience even realize that a harmonizer is being used (if used properly) - do they even know what a harmonizer is ? -... all they know is that the vocals sound good ...

#387001 - 03/26/14 04:35 PM Re: Advice wanted for new Harmonizer... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Dnj
VH - too quirky and fake to suffice for the real thing.

That's just because you're stuck with the (gulp) unit in the Yamaha. A good harmonizer is more important than a good piano sound. There are hardly ever piano players in the crowd, but there are plenty of people with voices.
You know you miss having a good one.
wink

#387003 - 03/26/14 05:24 PM Re: Advice wanted for new Harmonizer... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Dnj Offline

Sometimes you have to make trade-offs,... I got the better sounds/styles like the Yamaha S950 vs the Korg but it lacks in
V-harmonizer,.. no keyboard is perfect...Happy with my gig rig for now,....I use the VH more when I'm recording backing tracks.

Edited by Dnj (03/26/14 05:40 PM)

#387004 - 03/26/14 06:12 PM Re: Advice wanted for new Harmonizer... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Yes, Tom ---- You did sell me one of these units. I've been very happy with it.

Those of us who do the nursing home circuit all tale pride in our sound quality, among other things. It occurred to me that I have this kb that costs several thousand dollars, a PA system that almost costs 3 grand and two used harmonizers that I paid a grand total of less than $300 for. Its the right time and place to invest into the business for me.

I routinely ask clients for feedback on everything from song selection, to sound quality, etc. I'm guessing I hear the same things the Gary's, Donny's, etc., all hear...we sound better than most of the competition. That's apart from playing ability, audience interaction, song selection, prices, etc. Its a big, big part of what we do and keeping an edge up on the competition.

#387005 - 03/26/14 06:13 PM Re: Advice wanted for new Harmonizer... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

I'm strongly leaning toward this model:

#387011 - 03/26/14 07:52 PM Re: Advice wanted for new Harmonizer... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
tony mads usa Offline

... do I ass-u-me you've tried some digitech models in the same price range? ...

#387029 - 03/27/14 05:53 AM Re: Advice wanted for new Harmonizer... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Digitech's Vocalist Live pro is also on the short list. Unfortunately, no retailer around Dayton carries anything like this. Closest place would be Sweetwater in Fort Wayne, IN.

Comparing the two units, I like the features and design of the TC Helicon better than the Digitech...

#387037 - 03/27/14 08:34 AM Re: Advice wanted for new Harmonizer... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
tony mads usa Offline

... and really, yours is the opinion that matters most ... best wishes whichever way you go ... singer

#387040 - 03/27/14 10:11 AM Re: Advice wanted for new Harmonizer... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
Digitech's Vocalist Live pro is also on the short list. Unfortunately, no retailer around Dayton carries anything like this. Closest place would be Sweetwater in Fort Wayne, IN.

Comparing the two units, I like the features and design of the TC Helicon better than the Digitech...

Road trip...?

#387055 - 03/27/14 05:39 PM Re: Advice wanted for new Harmonizer... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Bill,
that's a great unit - same basic guts that I have in the VoiceLive Touch2. It sounds wonderful and has terrific effects.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online