SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#386814 - 03/22/14 12:38 PM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (03/22/14 12:39 PM)

#386817 - 03/22/14 12:48 PM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Nice guitar, Dave...pretty too!

My old axe was a 1957 Telecaster, maple fingerboard...very nice sound through a Twin.

They all have personalities, that's for sure...much like the ladies.

Ian

#386818 - 03/22/14 01:26 PM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Nice guitar, Dave...pretty too!

My old axe was a 1957 Telecaster, maple fingerboard...very nice sound through a Twin.

They all have personalities, that's for sure...much like the ladies.

Ian

That's the beauty of an Arranger keyboard like Yamaha S-series & Tyros with So many killer guitars inside to make a player happy! cool2

#386819 - 03/22/14 02:00 PM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Someone please explain to me why does everyone and his brother play some guitar. There are more guitar strummers than there are harmonica players! It has to be one of the easiest instruments to play in music other than a bass drum in a high school marching band, no? Learn to strum three chords on a guitar and if you're not very smart ya can always use a cheater bar, right? We have 85 houses in our neighborhood and I bet we have 59 guitar strummers too.

#386840 - 03/22/14 07:21 PM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Oh, Boo ... where do I start?
lol
The girls all go for the guitar players.

#386842 - 03/22/14 07:33 PM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Down in the Florida Keys, Dave, guitar players were a dime a dozen - the ladies seemed to like OLD keyboard players a lot more, especially when I sang their favorite songs. I never had a gal run her fingers through my hair when I played a guitar and sang, but it has happened many times since I switched to full-time arranger keyboard. Unfortunately, I'm too old, or maybe too smart, to respond to their admirations. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#386843 - 03/22/14 07:41 PM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Oh Gary, you are so full of it. They are just being kind to a senior citizen!

#386844 - 03/22/14 07:41 PM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Well, instruments aside ... how can any ladies resist your charms, Gary? They can't help themselves!

#386846 - 03/22/14 08:10 PM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've always known I was singing to the ladies - the guys could care less. They were there hoping to get laid, drink booze, maybe watch a football game on the big screen, but music - NAH! The ladies, they wanted to party hearty all night long. They wanted to drink, dance, have fun, and they loved the music.

Now, maybe the ladies were just being nice to an old man. smile I'll take that! Additionally, the ladies were the ones shoving the 10s and 20s in the tip jar, while the guys might thrown in a couple ones at best. When I fill in for a friend at a local restaurant, it's the same way. Gotta sing to the ladies if you want to make a good living in this biz. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#386852 - 03/23/14 04:31 AM Re: Not a keyboard, but I'm SO excited!!!!! [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Saw this in a "You know you're an older musician when...." thread on another forum. I happen to agree with it.

"You know you're getting to be a pathetic older musician when you think any chick gives even the slightest thought about you physically and that you even contemplate such a ridiculous possibility that any would".

But I guess it's okay to dream.

chas

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online