SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#386390 - 03/15/14 08:01 AM OT: A St. Patrick's day song.
big741.1 Offline

Loc: Edmonton,Canada
Top 'o the mornin', Synthzone!

Monday is St. Patty's day, so last week I recorded a little ditty to mark the day. "Black Velvet Band" uses a style called Country Waltz1. I used the drum and the guitar parts, and then I added some accordion and my own bass line. This is my first recording in which I've done my own bass line on keyboard (I've done them before with my EWI).

The harmonies were done with the 3000's VH, and the penny whistle is an actual penny whistle (my latest new toy, I bought a handful of them a couple weeks ago).

Black Velvet Band

Thanks for listening, and Happy St. Patrick's day!
Dan

#386393 - 03/15/14 08:19 AM Re: OT: A St. Patrick's day song. [Re: big741.1]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Dan ... 'top o' the morn' to ya ... ' wink

Great job on this tune ...

I have to share a story about a penny whistle ... MANY years ago, the sax player in our band, who took his sax playing craft VERY seriously - he had the closest sound to the great Paul Desmond that I ever heard - bought a penny whistle for the song "One Of Those Songs" by Jimmy Durante ... one night after he played that song, someone came up and said "Man, you did a great job with that penny whistle" ... the sax player smiled and thanked the guy ... as we were loading the van after the gig, he took the penny whistle out of his pocket and threw it as far as he could ... we looked in amazement and he said "I've worked for years getting my sax playing to where I it is, and I get complimented on a PENNY WHISTLE?!? ... I'll NEVER play it again!!! " ... and he never did ... laugh2

But as I said, you did a great job ...

#386398 - 03/15/14 08:56 AM Re: OT: A St. Patrick's day song. [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

clap headphone clap

#386399 - 03/15/14 08:57 AM Re: OT: A St. Patrick's day song. [Re: tony mads usa]
big741.1 Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Dan ... 'top o' the morn' to ya ... ' wink

Great job on this tune ...

I have to share a story about a penny whistle ... MANY years ago, the sax player in our band, who took his sax playing craft VERY seriously - he had the closest sound to the great Paul Desmond that I ever heard - bought a penny whistle for the song "One Of Those Songs" by Jimmy Durante ... one night after he played that song, someone came up and said "Man, you did a great job with that penny whistle" ... the sax player smiled and thanked the guy ... as we were loading the van after the gig, he took the penny whistle out of his pocket and threw it as far as he could ... we looked in amazement and he said "I've worked for years getting my sax playing to where I it is, and I get complimented on a PENNY WHISTLE?!? ... I'll NEVER play it again!!! " ... and he never did ... laugh2

But as I said, you did a great job ...

Thanks, Tony!

Poor sax player! grin On the bright side, at less than $10.00 penny whistles are affordable to throw out. I cringe at the thought of tossing a saxophone. They're kind of pricy!

Thanks for listening,
Dan

Edit: Thanks to you too, Donny!

Edited by big741.1 (03/15/14 08:58 AM)

#386403 - 03/15/14 12:34 PM Re: OT: A St. Patrick's day song. [Re: big741.1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Good one, Dan.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#386426 - 03/16/14 06:39 AM Re: OT: A St. Patrick's day song. [Re: big741.1]
big741.1 Offline

Thanks, Gary!

Thanks for listening,
Dan

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online