SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#386329 - 03/13/14 06:59 PM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Gary That was easy to understand even to me! Now I can go to sleep.
Thanks man.

#386332 - 03/13/14 10:19 PM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
...but the traffic congestion here is beyond anything you can imagine in Colorado.

Gary....I looked up Forest Hill in Maryland The closest thing I found was Forest Hill Memorial Gardens. That doesn’t sound like a “high-traffic” area to me!

But...I thought we held the record up here for most traffic per square inch!

BTW, traffic was #4 on my list of reasons for my meltdown. The first three reasons were....people, people, and people!

Edited by Mark79100 (03/13/14 10:47 PM)

#386343 - 03/14/14 07:44 AM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mark, in the little town suburbs where I live, there is virtually no traffic congestion at all - it's the I-95 corridor, which is 12 miles away that is nasty. I-695, which is the Baltimore Beltway is gridlock most of the day and night. Same as I-495, which is the Washington Beltway - solid gridlock 24 hours a day. I will NOT play a job in the Washington Metro area regardless of the pay - they don't have enough money for me to go there again.

Take a look at Google Earth and zoom in on those beltways and you'll get a good idea of what I'm talking about.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#386344 - 03/14/14 08:10 AM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... when I worked my 'day gig' I had to travel to Harrisburg PA a number of times a year. US Air cost $800+ to fly from Providence to Phila, then hop on a 'puddle jumper' to Harrisburg ... Southwest came into Providence and charged $99 to Baltimore ... so my colleagues and I would fly into Baltimore, rent a car, have lunch at the Inner Harbor, then drive to Harrisburg, all at about the cost of one flight on US Air ... the ONLY problem was negotiating the Baltimore Beltway ... not only was there ALWAYS 'too much rubber and not enough concrete', but that road was ALWAYS under construction ... I understand you wanting to avoid it as much as possible ...

On the other hand, having worked in Manhattan for 17 years and commuting from Staten Island, I faced traffic like that EVERY day ...

#386345 - 03/14/14 08:15 AM Re: They worked... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
On the other hand, having worked in Manhattan for 17 years and commuting from Staten Island, I faced traffic like that EVERY day ...

surprised confused2 surprised wink

#386346 - 03/14/14 08:30 AM Re: They worked... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

surprised confused2 surprised wink

Yeah, that's right ... just tune into WFAN 660AM in NY and listen to the traffic reports ... morning rush hour starts at about 5:30AM and goes to about 10:30AM when the 'mid-day' rush hour starts which goes to about 3:30PM when the evening rush hour starts ... taz

I can get that radio station up here and when I was driving to work I would listen to it and laugh at the traffic reports saying stuff like "the George Washington Bridge, Lincoln and Holland tunnels are 45 minutes into Manhattan" - with no traffic a 5 minute ride - and people up here think that slowing down to 55MPH is a traffic jam ... laugh2

#386347 - 03/14/14 08:36 AM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

I was 20 yrs NYC commuter veteran I know it well... 71 miles each way....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! so glad when that was over.

#386365 - 03/14/14 03:40 PM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
it's the I-95 corridor, which is 12 miles away that is nasty. I-695, which is the Baltimore Beltway is gridlock most of the day and night. Same as I-495, which is the Washington Beltway - solid gridlock 24 hours a day.
Gary cool

Well, Gary.....you would not have been successful as one of those good old early American settlers who came over on the Mayflower. They didn't let a little thing like "traffic" bother them!

OK......I forgot all about that mess down there. To make up for my comments, we’re shipping you our trophy for the most heavily trafficked area on the planet (outside of the North Pole) and naming the I-95 corridor the "new" New Jersey and entering that location into the Guinness Book of Records.....AND....we're putting a petition together asking the governor if he could change the name of the I-95 Corridor to Gary's Travelin' Easy Turnpike, complete with toll booths that connect directly to your bank account!

#386368 - 03/14/14 04:53 PM Re: They worked... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mark, thanks for reminding me to renew my EZ-Pass.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online