SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#386119 - 03/11/14 01:56 PM Re: Using a Guitar Capo or Playing Everything in C...? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Two pushes Are too much when you have to make lightning fast switches in live play imo.

#386120 - 03/11/14 02:01 PM Re: Using a Guitar Capo or Playing Everything in C...? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Two pushes Are too much when you have to make lightning fast switches in live play imo.

The G70 is a single always active button push...you just forget smile Fastest and easiest transpose made..

Edited by Fran Carango (03/11/14 02:03 PM)

#386121 - 03/11/14 02:06 PM Re: Using a Guitar Capo or Playing Everything in C...? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

#386122 - 03/11/14 02:11 PM Re: Using a Guitar Capo or Playing Everything in C...? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
As long as the two (+-) switches are easily accessible on the panel, and not in some sub-menu or another page on a touch screen, I can't see a problem, although I do like on my Yamaha how the instrument waits till you hit a new chord before it does the change, rather than instantaneous.

One has to think of Irving Berlin, who, over his entire life, could only play in one key, F sharp, essentially only black keys.

He had a device attached to his piano that would allow him to transpose other keys to his favored one.

Ian

#386124 - 03/11/14 03:00 PM Re: Using a Guitar Capo or Playing Everything in C...? [Re: Dnj]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I don't understand the two pushes to change keys. I have a (+) for 1/2 tone transpose up and a (-) for 1/2 tone down transpose.

Ian I've never noticed if holding down the same chord delays the transposing. My Korg transposes on the next measure.

I can't see a guitar player playing All The Things You Are and Body And Soul using a cheater bar. That'd be a riot. Worst yet Darn that Dream. Oh, sorry I'm confusing a musician guitar player with an entertainer guitar player again.

How in Hell am I always getting screwed up on all of this arranger conversation stuff. Ha ha.

#386125 - 03/11/14 03:36 PM Re: Using a Guitar Capo or Playing Everything in C...? [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Originally Posted By: Dnj

The G70 is a single always active button push...you just forget smile Fastest and easiest transpose made..

I'll make this simpler:..........on the Yamahas +/- transpose is a ONE BUTTON PUSH up or down key>>>>>

On Roland arrangers eg: G70 etc, If I remember correctly?..
as it was something I hated mad especially as a singer/player...it's a TWO PUSH PROCESS>>>>>>
first push opens the
sub menu, ...second push
you could only go +6 up or -6 steps down, not -12/+12 respectfully if needed.. frown
when your playing & singing in real time style play this is UNACCEPTABLE to make lightning fast changes for modulations during a song etc,.. btw is it the same on the BK units also? I forgot.

#386128 - 03/11/14 05:05 PM Re: Using a Guitar Capo or Playing Everything in C...? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Nope..you are wrong...The G70 is as easy as pushing one button..not two and not menu driven..Yes it is 6 down and 5 up...but if you need something different than that (whole 12 keys)..you are doing something wrong...The BK is menu driven but preset is as easy as pushing one button (on or off)..

Learn all 12 keys..it will give you something to do grin

Let me explain in detail...The G70 changes a step up or down as many times as you push the button...No need to open the "sub" menu window...unless you want to.. smile

Maybe it is time to revisit the G70 and see what else you missed..besides the excersize will do you good.. wink

Edited by Fran Carango (03/11/14 05:09 PM)

#386130 - 03/11/14 05:13 PM Re: Using a Guitar Capo or Playing Everything in C...? [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
My KORG Pa900 has one UP and one DOWN button, each goes 11 half steps ... ANYbody need more than that??? wink ... and it does not change to the transposed key until the next chord is played ...
This board does SO much, I'm starting to think it was designed by former 'technics' engineers ... grin keys

#386131 - 03/11/14 05:19 PM Re: Using a Guitar Capo or Playing Everything in C...? [Re: tony mads usa]
Fran Carango Offline

Tony, likewise with the G70, except half the range..if you need an octave change there is an octave feature..

#386133 - 03/11/14 05:35 PM Re: Using a Guitar Capo or Playing Everything in C...? [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Tony, likewise with the G70, except half the range..if you need an octave change there is an octave feature..

Yep ... same on the Pa900 ... keys

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online