SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#385864 - 03/05/14 08:27 AM Re: How Much Better Can Current Arrangers KB's sound? [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Yes. Also one of my user sampled the ketron sd2 from scratch for his own need, and will maybe share his work with other vArranger users

Edited by DAN.2000 (03/05/14 08:28 AM)

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#385874 - 03/05/14 02:58 PM Re: How Much Better Can Current Arrangers KB's sound? [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I have just added the VST full state saving, so vArranger can reload your VST configuration at startup.
That mean that you will find your Kontakt or Independance VST at the same state, ready to play when you run vArranger smile

I will add even more saving options later

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#385890 - 03/06/14 07:04 AM Re: How Much Better Can Current Arrangers KB's sound? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Personally I'm completely satisfied with the current (RH) sounds.
I would like to hear continued improvements in the styles though. Many are too bland, repetitious, sterile, and lack authenticity. Of course a good keyboardist can workaround these short comings with their musicianship, knowledge of the keyboard and entertainment skills.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#385891 - 03/06/14 07:09 AM Re: How Much Better Can Current Arrangers KB's sound? [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
Personally
continued improvements in the styles though. Many are too bland, repetitious, sterile, and lack authenticity.

The process of Editing styles, mix & match parts, record parts, into/ending/fills on board should be made "MUCH EASIER"so that the combinations are endless.

#385915 - 03/06/14 04:01 PM Re: How Much Better Can Current Arrangers KB's sound? [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
I'm pleased with the progress I've seen during my ten years of exposure to Arranger Keyboards. Admittedly, mostly Yamaha but I believe they will continue to make improvements in several directions. I was surprised to find the navigation from my old PSR-2000 to the PSR-S910 was relatively easy. At my age, learning curves are not something I want to plow through.

Most of my hopes are pinned on styles, multi-pads and new "voices" (instrument emulators) to give us more realism in the things we do as performers and creators.

Interesting topic and replies so far.

Dave Rice

#386011 - 03/09/14 09:10 AM Re: How Much Better Can Current Arrangers KB's sound? [Re: Dnj]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I too feel that the arrangers available today do an exceptional job. But as a player/singer i find that I do want more realistic arrangements. I use a majority of midi files and am just now experimenting with mp3 and backing tracks. What separates a good workstation and a good arranger is the rhythm/style section. Since I use that section only about 20% of the time, I would need a completely different interface snd OS to use it more. What it should be I don't really know, but what I do know is I started with a simple drum machine and had to arrange my own patterns. Somehow I still like that concept. I f a style had maybe 16 or more components and I could place them within a song as I wished, that would be different...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online