SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#385431 - 02/27/14 02:19 PM Re: Streets Of London... [Re: travlin'easy]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Gary and John

I have been off the air for 5 day's, no internet, during that time I purchased a new Rode NT-1 condenser mic just for recording and purely by coincidence I did a quick recording of "The Streets of London" just to give it a trial.

I wasn't sure whether to post it, not wishing to tread on anyone's toes but I suppose another version won't do any harm.

Anyway here it is, it is a bit slow comparing with the original but HEH nothing is perfect.

https://app.box.com/s/4kd2sujd1ec86clpo89l

Comment's regarding the new Mic would be helpful.

I think it still needs some tweaking on the mix, I'll have a go tomorrow.

Kind Regards

COl

#385432 - 02/27/14 02:46 PM Re: Streets Of London... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Col, sounds great to me. The mic is clean and your voice is easily understood. Harmony sounds really good. Effects sound about right.

#385433 - 02/27/14 03:07 PM Re: Streets Of London... [Re: DonM]
baz66 Offline

Loc: Australia E coast
Cols version is beaut. Gary has changed the way it's sung and I like both. Well done to a beautiful song. I'm sure I have the music somewhere.
baz

#385436 - 02/27/14 03:36 PM Re: Streets Of London... [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
Hi Gary and John

I have been off the air for 5 day's, no internet, during that time I purchased a new Rode NT-1 condenser mic just for recording and purely by coincidence I did a quick recording of "The Streets of London" just to give it a trial.

I wasn't sure whether to post it, not wishing to tread on anyone's toes but I suppose another version won't do any harm.

Anyway here it is, it is a bit slow comparing with the original but HEH nothing is perfect.

https://app.box.com/s/4kd2sujd1ec86clpo89l

Comment's regarding the new Mic would be helpful.

I think it still needs some tweaking on the mix, I'll have a go tomorrow.

Kind Regards

COl

clap headphone clap

Col Bravo my friend..that was the BEST recording from you so far!! & the most incomparable posted on SZ of this tune so far, clear well balanced, sweet harmony also! singer ....nicely done keys .......let me tell you that new Rode NT-1 condenser Mic is a winner for you buddy clap .....
I'd go back re-record everything from the past & more more more....

good luck.

Edited by Dnj (02/27/14 03:36 PM)

#385439 - 02/27/14 04:06 PM Re: Streets Of London... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Good one, Col. The harmonies are really great. Very smooth.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#385458 - 02/27/14 08:33 PM Re: Streets Of London... [Re: travlin'easy]
KORG80 Offline

Hey Colin,

Very, very good my friend! You have definitely found your voice and are letting it shine through the mix instead of burying it behind the harmony. Remember last year around this time you posted John Lennon's "Imagine"? If you go back and listen to that recording and compare it to what you're doing now you should be very proud of yourself, my friend. Your vocals are coming across with confidence and are very easy to listen to. Keep up the good work!

By the way, was that the Roland? The guitar style sounded very good.

God bless,
Don

#385462 - 02/28/14 12:19 AM Re: Streets Of London... [Re: travlin'easy]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Colin......you're putting out some good stuff, so....my comment would be to "take some singing lessons."

But.......don't get your knickers in a twist until you read on.

You have an excellent voice....extremely soothing. I really like listening to your tunes. So......since you already have an "excellent voice" to work with, I would take that asset and improve on it even more. Learn to breathe properly and that will then help you to.......

STYLIZE A SONG: simply put.....hold on to some notes longer than others by using breath support.

And...interpretation.....focus on interpretation...very important.

Donny did a great job of "interpretation" on his version of Let Me Try Again (Frank Sinatra). I have it here if you want to listen to it.

Not sure if you're looking to improve or just want to belt out some songs here and there, but if it's the former, then consider the "singing lessons." Not everyone is given a good voice to work with like YOU have!

Mark

#385463 - 02/28/14 12:30 AM Re: Streets Of London... [Re: travlin'easy]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary (and others)......this will mean nothing to anyone but me, but I feel so strongly about the song: Streets of London, I wanted to say I'm glad you brought it to the table and I'm just as glad you guys have been talking about it lately.

Apart from it being a great tune to begin with it has many powerful memories for me. I haven't thought about the song for years now so it reminded me of a great period in my life.

It's really fascinating how one simple song like that can affect your emotions.

BTW....whoever mentioned Roger Whittaker recently opened up another memory for me. He sang: The Last Farewell. I don't think it was big over here, but it certainly was in England many years ago. Another "thank you" for a happy song remembrance.

I'm going to post a thread about that.

Mark

#385487 - 02/28/14 09:02 AM Re: Streets Of London... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Last Farewell was pretty big here, but I loved the Elvis version.
Roger marketed his music on TV and was a huge success in that manner as far as I know.

#385504 - 02/28/14 01:12 PM Re: Streets Of London... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I constantly get requests to perform The Last Farewll, everyone seems to think I sound a lot like Roger Whitaker. I posted my rendition here a couple months ago, at least I think it was here.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online