SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#385492 - 02/28/14 09:49 AM Re: Economic recovry - yeah, right! [Re: travlin'easy]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hey guys... nuthin' wrong with being rich! I've been seeking that objective all my life. (It ain't happening while the Dummycrats are in charge, though!) My electrician was here a few weeks ago and his company policy had just been cancelled because of the new ObamaCare ever-changing regulations.

Can anyone in congress spell "IMPEACH?"

Sorry for the mini-rant but Deane is correct.

Dave Rice

#385495 - 02/28/14 09:58 AM Re: Economic recovry - yeah, right! [Re: Riceroni9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
A big problem but a short explanation: "no Statesmen ... just politicians" ... mad

#385517 - 02/28/14 05:20 PM Re: Economic recovry - yeah, right! [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
S&P Sets All Time High Record...

After several near misses, stocks reach a record
After coming close all week, the stock market reached an all-time high Thursday.

By STEVE ROTHWELL
AP Markets Writer

NEW YORK —
After coming close all week, the stock market reached an all-time high Thursday.

The Standard & Poor's 500 index had moved above its previous record many times this week, only to fade in the afternoon. On Thursday, it finally closed above the milestone, powered by strong earnings from a number of U.S. companies including the drugmaker Mylan and several retailers. Seattle Times

Damn Obama!

#385522 - 02/28/14 06:57 PM Re: Economic recovry - yeah, right! [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
back to the bar fellas (please)... this makes my head spin.

#385523 - 02/28/14 07:23 PM Re: Economic recovry - yeah, right! [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

I agree dave!

#385524 - 02/28/14 07:33 PM Re: Economic recovry - yeah, right! [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bethlehem Steel, Sparrows Point, MD - closed 25,000 employees out of work
General Motors Plant, Broning Highway, Baltimore - Closed - 3,000 out of work
Glenn L Martin/Martin Maretta, Baltimore - closed - 25,000 employees out of work
Beidix Freeze - Towson, MD - 5,000 out of work
Baretta, Maryland - relocated it's expansion facility to Tennesseee - 3,000 jobs gone
Bendix Field Engineering - closed - 3,500 out of work
Virtro Laboratories, Silver Springs, MD - Closed - 4,000 out of work
New housing starts, Maryland - lowest in two decades
Highest number of people ever on food stamps nationwide
Highest number of people on welfare - ever
Medicare cuts to NH - 30%
$1-billion Maryland Recreational boating industry - decimated
$1.5-billion Maryland recreational fishing industry - decimated
The list is endless, Bill and not something that I wish to discuss on this forum. The facts speak for themselves for those willing to look at them with an open mind.

Now, back to the original intent of the post. I was able to do some legwork and make up the loss of jobs by doing some legwork, driving to a couple new locations, and picked up 22 new jobs for the remainder of this year. One of the AD's said she got my name from another facility where I perform regularly, and she was going to call me next week to see if she could get on my calendar. I gave her a 2015 wall calendar, a brand new, high-quality pen, a new CD, and I'll be there next week.

I also discovered three, new adult day care centers that are looking for entertainment. When the storm abates here on Wednesday, I'll be paying them a visit with a goodie package after I finish my regular job that day.

Dave, I agree, the political aspects of this thread should be in the bar - not here! I started this thread to help those that may be experiencing some of the same problems, and possibly provide them with a solution. I detest most politicians, and the political BS that seems to find it's way into some threads. Yes, I've made a few bucks performing at political fund raisers, and on a big election year, I'll pick up a several thousand bucks doing them. That said, I get to see who attends those $1,000 a plate functions - building contractors, lawyers, wannabe politicians, and politicians trying to maintain their cushy jobs in Washington and state capitols.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#385527 - 02/28/14 07:45 PM Re: Economic recovry - yeah, right! [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
That's kinda rich, Gary...you're the one who brought politics into the thread in the first place. So, you can opine on politics when you wish, but if a contrary opinion steps forward, then it doesn't belong here?

I understand...

#385528 - 02/28/14 08:17 PM Re: Economic recovry - yeah, right! [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

smile

#385531 - 02/28/14 11:34 PM Re: Economic recovry - yeah, right! [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
That's kinda rich, Gary...you're the one who brought politics into the thread in the first place. So, you can opine on politics when you wish, but if a contrary opinion steps forward, then it doesn't belong here?

I understand...

lmao Bill

#385557 - 03/01/14 08:10 AM Re: Economic recovry - yeah, right! [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Here's something I did to offset the downturn in medicare payments to the NHs in my area, and it seems to be working quite well. I went to Vistaprint and had some custom cards printed, which were very inexpensive. I mailed them out to some of the older accounts and some new recently opened facilities after obtaining the AD's name. By obtaining the ADs name, this helps insure the material gets to the person you wish to contact. I'll post the images as soon as I find out what's happening with my PC connection.

[img]https://app.box.com/s/tplbw9302gx4umucsmj0[/img]

[img]https://app.box.com/s/178p105ds3w2ct2yhjos[/img]

Just thought this may be somewhat beneficial to others.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (03/01/14 08:41 AM)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online