SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#385205 - 02/25/14 12:10 AM Re: Nobody noticed this...or is it not worth noticing? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
I like strong drums and bass behind me. Get a Roland BK7M or totally change to a BK9. Great drums and very editable down to each particular instrument in a set.

Bill....I took a BK7 (?) drum machine home for 24 hours when they first came out and went through every style and sound on there. I didn't like it and returned it to the store.

BUT.....if I'm correct, I think I did it a disservice by doing it with headphones. I'm sure had I thrown it on my sound system I might have been more impressed.

The BK9......can't find one anywhere to listen to so that's completely off the table.

I think Don mentioned he liked the sound of the BK 9 too.

Too many non-accessible keyboards......too many purchasing mistakes.....too many decisions to make.....too many wasted hours trying to find and audition keyboards.....too many brain cells dying off in the process!

#385206 - 02/25/14 12:24 AM Re: Nobody noticed this...or is it not worth noticing? [Re: Mark79100]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

I was not going to post this as it was intended to show to a few friends only, it being a test run really but what the heck...
After experimenting with (too) many keyboards over the last 12 months I finally settled down with a (very) old KETRON X1 to sit next to my trusted Korg PA800. I only had it properly going two days ago after working out all the ins and outs both of the Ketron and combining the two via MIDI. In my favourite way that is playing all accompaniment on the lower keyboard. Due to a school reunion the day prior there is no singing this time and what you hear is basically the old Ketron X1 with the exception of the musette sounds in the lead.
Talking about decent Bass and Drums smile
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=6Sicxe6k0T0

regards,
John

#385208 - 02/25/14 02:07 AM Re: Nobody noticed this...or is it not worth noticing? [Re: Mark79100]
s_cristi Offline

John, you gave us the link for editing the video (we need your username and password too wink ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sicxe6k0T0

#385247 - 02/25/14 09:11 AM Re: Nobody noticed this...or is it not worth noticing? [Re: s_cristi]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Korg's got a new entry but it is more about patterns and making your own everything, yet it has midi connectivity. You'd have to check into the details to see if it would work for you. What i don't like is the newer the machine, the few "traditional" beats a lot of us look for. Perhaps this unit can simply enhance the sounds from your arranger...

Korg Volca Beats

#385248 - 02/25/14 09:14 AM Re: Nobody noticed this...or is it not worth noticing? [Re: sparky589]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: sparky589
Korg's got a new entry but it is more about patterns and making your own everything, yet it has midi connectivity. You'd have to check into the details to see if it would work for you. What i don't like is the newer the machine, the few "traditional" beats a lot of us look for. Perhaps this unit can simply enhance the sounds from your arranger...

Korg Volca Beats

Rappers will love this little gem.

#385263 - 02/25/14 10:36 AM Re: Nobody noticed this...or is it not worth noticing? [Re: s_cristi]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Sorry about the wrong link, here is the correct one:
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=6Sicxe6k0T0

regards,
John

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online