SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#385015 - 02/22/14 11:22 PM Re: Donny wanted an English song so here goes. [Re: Saswick]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
Morning Chaps (That's English)

This is a song we used to perform back in the 60's with the group, originally by "The Bachelors" an Irish trio, don't know if they made it across the pond, if not it may be a new one for you.

https://app.box.com/s/ok8bxci80ukkxt0182z6

Have a nice day

Col

Col,

It needed a bit of orchestral strings in there and a change of key half way through, you show them how it should be done Col, now if you had a T5 there are 4 buttons that would do that for you. Keep on knockinum dead in the isle Col.. rotf2 Larry Chance had is chance and blew it, it was better at talking, I didn't listen to it turned it off 4 bars in...
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#385018 - 02/23/14 02:11 AM Re: Donny wanted an English song so here goes. [Re: Tony Hughes]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

As Tony says Col: "you have come a long way ". Really pleasant recording. Yes it could do with some strings alla "The Young Ones " but other than that, lovely recording. And the absence of any vocalising, man you are discovering new heights !!!

regards,
John

#385020 - 02/23/14 03:25 AM Re: Donny wanted an English song so here goes. [Re: Tony Hughes]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Tony: I've got 4 buttons as well, It's just finding time to press them LOL

John: thanks' a lot I think I've found my "Head Voice" didn't know I had one but it's proving quite useful smile

Col

Edited by Saswick (02/23/14 03:25 AM)

#385022 - 02/23/14 04:08 AM Re: Donny wanted an English song so here goes. [Re: Saswick]
Tony Hughes Offline

London Palladium for you my lad, get Joe Meek back that's what I say, nice to see people posting their works again too, nice one Col.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#385023 - 02/23/14 06:38 AM Re: Donny wanted an English song so here goes. [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
London Palladium for you my lad, get Joe Meek back that's what I say, nice to see people posting their works again too, nice one Col.

Tony how about some "ENGLISH" songs"? headphone

#385200 - 02/24/14 10:58 PM Re: Donny wanted an English song so here goes. [Re: Saswick]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
REFERENCE" English songs....

...speaking from both sides of the fence, I would say there is a huge difference between English songs and American songs. English songs are just plain fun no matter how they're put together while American songs tend to be technically perfect compositions...beautiful and "technically perfect" for listening and dancing, but lacking the down-home gutsy "make you happy" feeling that British songs brought to the home front!

When I first heard Knees Up Mother Brown, I thought it was the silliest things I ever heard, but I played it because people "wanted to hear it!" One day I realized the allure of British music......it was "happy" music...stuff with a feel that made you want to get up and dance. At the very least, it made you want to get up off your butt and move around, even if it was to just touch glasses and do a sing-a-long.

Americans don't know how to have fun with music. I think the last really great American "fun" song was the Charleston!

In the days that New York, NY was the biggest hit song in America, something like Daisy, Daisy or the Dilly, Dally song would be happening in a British pub. And Tony Orlando was probably idolized more than the Prime Minister. And Tie A Yellow Ribbon was played 2-3 times a night for years!

Those times were so much fun, it hurts me to think about them even!

So when Donny gets asked to play those English songs: I've Got Sixpence, Bless 'em All, Lambeth Walk, etc it's 'cause those songs are not just "heard".....they're "felt"....down in the gut. I have a huge collection of British traditional music. I'll never get to play them again, but I wouldn't give them up for anything......just too many great memories associated with each one!

If anyone ever actually gets to build a "time machine," the first place I'd ask to go back to would be England during the "war" years when those songs were more than just music. They were a unifying force that brought people together and gave them community spirit and dance hall fun!

Tony......I'd be curious if you had any comments about what I just wrote???

Mark

#385210 - 02/25/14 03:48 AM Re: Donny wanted an English song so here goes. [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Mark finally someone understands what I'm talking about regarding English Music thanx.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online