SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#385033 - 02/23/14 08:32 AM Re: A 13 in screen for viewing your music files [Re: jimlaing]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Thinking about this for a while instead of the old notebook (paper & vinyl that is), and wondering if I can do without the footswitch and scroll via touch without going too far. I've already got a sustain, volume, and harmonizer on/off switch setup going. I know I should probably convert more of my pdf to txt lyric files and use the assignable switches on my korg to see if the hand diversion is a problem. I guess question for me is - Mark (or anyone)-

1) Have you always used hand/touch to turn /advance pages?
2) Have you used footswitches for this instead?
3) If you have used footswitches, would you ever go back to hand/touch?

#385067 - 02/23/14 11:32 AM Re: A 13 in screen for viewing your music files [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Im thinking and hoping arranger KB's in the future will all have a standard PAD Docking station right on deck so you can put whatever size display you desire........which also can integrate as an alternative with the KBs display touch screen. Baby steps I guess.

#385072 - 02/23/14 12:55 PM Re: A 13 in screen for viewing your music files [Re: Mark79100]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Mark I apologize for this, but I'm curious as the dickens to find out where you are located with that reference to White Castle Burgers.

When I discovered White Castle in Mississippi back in 1860 or so we had Royal Castle and Krystal burgers on Canal Street in New Orleans, which were identical to the White Castle Burgers. The only Krystal Burger I know of now is in Hattiesburg Mississippi where my in-laws live. Royal Castle has long ago left New Orleans.
Thanks Mark

#385076 - 02/23/14 01:58 PM Re: A 13 in screen for viewing your music files [Re: Mark79100]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
FYI
There were white castles in South Fl in the 60's around West Palm Beach. I don't know how far spread out they were. I think they were 15 cents.

#385101 - 02/23/14 08:59 PM Re: A 13 in screen for viewing your music files [Re: sparky589]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: sparky589
1) Have you always used hand/touch to turn /advance pages?
2) Have you used footswitches for this instead?
3) If you have used footswitches, would you ever go back to hand/touch?

I don't know much about using footswitches, etc. I managed to memorize everything I do, so my only needs in a tablet would be to store my music as PDF's and pull up songs when I need to brush up on them (Oktoberfest, Bastille Day, etc) and a vertical screen large enough so I don't have to put on my eyeglasses!

I suppose that at the rate at which technology is moving, something like that, at a reasonable price, will be available by Wednesday....well.......maybe Saturday at the latest!

Mark

#385102 - 02/23/14 09:26 PM Re: A 13 in screen for viewing your music files [Re: brickboo]
Mark79100 Offline

quote from WikiPedia:

White Castle Management Co. is an American regional fast food hamburger restaurant chain located in the Midwestern and Southern United States as well as in the New York metropolitan area, generally credited[citation needed] as the first fast food chain. It is known for its small, square hamburgers. Sometimes referred to as "sliders", the burgers were priced at five cents until the 1940s, and remained at ten cents for years thereafter. For several years, when the original burgers sold for five cents, White Castle periodically ran promotional ads in local newspapers which contained coupons offering five burgers for ten cents, takeout only.

On Jan. 14, 2014, Time Magazine labelled the White Castle slider to be the most influential burger of all time.[2]

Originally Posted By: brickboo
I'm curious as the dickens to find out where you are located with that reference to White Castle Burgers.

Boo...I'm in the Northeast somewhere near "one-man-band alley".....Uncle Dave, Bill Lewis, Sparky, Donny, etc. I understand Don M (our Chairman of the Board) is retiring up here soon to be with "family."

When I discovered White Castle in Mississippi back in 1860

Most White Castle hamburgers taste like they were cooked in "1860" and sold in 2014.

.....so we had Royal Castle and Krystal burgers on Canal Street in New Orleans, which were identical to the White Castle Burgers.

....but without the "agida!"

The only Krystal Burger I know of now is in Hattiesburg Mississippi

.....BUT.....a hamburger is not really considered a "classic" until it makes big it in Hattiesburg, Mississippi!!!

picture of a White Castle hamburger meeting another White Castle hamburger........

#385104 - 02/23/14 10:04 PM Re: A 13 in screen for viewing your music files [Re: Mark79100]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dnj could teach that thing to do the Chicken Dance.

#385106 - 02/23/14 10:18 PM Re: A 13 in screen for viewing your music files [Re: DonM]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Dnj could teach that thing to do the Chicken Dance.

#385144 - 02/24/14 11:01 AM Re: A 13 in screen for viewing your music files [Re: Mark79100]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - re: the question about whether people use hand/touch to turn pages. I do, most of the time. I have a foot pedal too, but I tend to use hand/touch at least 50% of the time. Depends on the song, what I'm doing at the moment when I need a page turn, etc. [I use iPad, unrealBook and Blueboard pedal]

Jim

#385234 - 02/25/14 08:46 AM Re: A 13 in screen for viewing your music files [Re: jimlaing]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Unrealbook looks good to me. Tablet shopping this week.

As for the White Castles, got one only 3 towns away, and in the freezer section of the local supermarket. Problem is it takes seconds to eat them, and about 36 hours to feel better after! But they must be purchased with a vanilla shake, and a spoon. You can't get that stuff through a straw....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online