SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38396 - 12/31/01 05:04 PM Is there a synth app out there that would make a mans voice sound like a womans?
farang Offline

Loc: timbuktu, Nepal
There are probably a few but which is the best?

#38397 - 01/04/02 01:33 PM Re: Is there a synth app out there that would make a mans voice sound like a womans?
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Yeah....there's one called the EX.
Fairly simple
A high heel comes ripping through the grill cloth and kicks you in the COOKIES.
INSTANT female voice!!!!

#38398 - 01/05/02 11:59 PM Re: Is there a synth app out there that would make a mans voice sound like a womans?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I have a digitech Talker. I run it through my XP-80 using some sort of saw wave. I found a wave on my XP anyway that when I run it through the talker I can play notes in the upper register and sound very convincingly like a woman. Doesn't work for talking though, as it doesn't follow the actual pitch of your voice. If follows the volumes well though, and is astoundingly intelligible. My sister was stunned! I can sing like an angel, or like a chorus of angels.

#38399 - 01/07/02 02:13 AM Re: Is there a synth app out there that would make a mans voice sound like a womans?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I just ordered a Boss VF-1 and had it plugged in for the first time today. This is a multi-fx unit. But, it has this sweet function on there where you can absolutely make your voice sound like anything: a chipmunk, a kid, a woman, a man, a giant, a very low giant with a chipmunk's tonality, a lady with a big beefy sound, just anything. It does them all quite well in my opinion. I've never had another unit that did anything like it, so I can't compare it to other equipment, but I was mightily impressed. I don't think you could sound like a pure, sweet-voiced woman if you have a raspy voice though.
The vf-1 follows your voice exactly, so speaking into a mic running the VF-1 will work for speaking or singing. There is a slight bit of residual voice bleed from time to time, so it might take a couple takes sometimes to get it just right.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online