SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#383702 - 02/04/14 12:21 AM Music Reader - anybody used one?
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Looking for an alternative to the I pad, I came across these.

http://www.cambronsoftware.co.uk/products/musicone.html

Look quite good and intended as a dedicated music reader with 2 sizes so useful for failing eyes.
Has anyone used one or know someone who has?
Tony

#383731 - 02/04/14 09:57 AM Re: Music Reader - anybody used one? [Re: Anthony Johnson]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
My vision is too poor to see the dots on a small screen like the iPad. A few months ago I finally found a touch screen 13 inch tablet/laptop running Windows 8. I had still been using the Music Pad Pro all these years. I think a 16 inch display would be a little overkill in size for me. I can see the 13 inch display fine.

I bought Music Reader software primarily because it comes with a great conversion utility that can batch convert to PDF, the hundreds of Freehand format lead sheets I have been using with the MPP. It even improves the PDF version so that it looks better than the original Freehand file. I converted all my stuff to PDF in just a couple of hours.

I am pleased with Music Reader with Windows 8. It does all I need. The folks at Music Reader will soon release a version of the software that will run on an Android machine which would be a cheaper solution than a Windows computer.

#383748 - 02/04/14 10:45 AM Re: Music Reader - anybody used one? [Re: Bob Hendershot]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Hi Bob,
May I ask if it's a Microsoft Surface Pro you are using?
13" seems like a satisfactory size for music reading.
I would prefer something I-pad size if my eyes were younger but everything can only go downhill now.
Tony

#383775 - 02/04/14 01:15 PM Re: Music Reader - anybody used one? [Re: Anthony Johnson]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
It's a Sony Vaio duo 13. I looked at several and don't remember why I selected this one . . . I think I would have gone with a 13 inch Android at the time I bought, if the Music Reader software version for Android was available at that time. I don't really need another Windows computer.

#383816 - 02/05/14 02:54 AM Re: Music Reader - anybody used one? [Re: Anthony Johnson]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Anthony Johnson
Looking for an alternative to the I pad, I came across these.

http://www.cambronsoftware.co.uk/products/musicone.html

Nice find, Tony. It looks to be a dedicated item. I've been looking for something like that myself as I've scanned most of my important music into PDF files.

I can't navigate the site......slow dial-up connection. What does an average "setup" cost to get you going? I'm assuming one buys the hardware, the software, and the accessories.

Mark

#383834 - 02/05/14 10:57 AM Re: Music Reader - anybody used one? [Re: Mark79100]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Hi Mark,
Just tried to find what the prices are but none revealed anywhere on the website.
Have filled in a contact form to ask them about this and will post on here when I hear something.
tony

#383877 - 02/05/14 02:28 PM Re: Music Reader - anybody used one? [Re: Anthony Johnson]
Anthony Johnson Offline

This is the reply I got from Cambron Software regarding the Music one setup & prices.

Thank you for your interest in the MusicOne.
We don't show prices because there is a huge variation depending on configuration. Music One is a fully functioning Windows 7 silent computer complete with the software Power Music, tripod stand and foot pedal for page turning.
Price start at £799 inc. vat

The software can be installed on any computer/tablet (Mac or PC) and output to multiple monitors for a band setup.
This makes it ideal for individual musicians (from £59.99 inc vat) to full band setups (4 x monitors, 4 x tripod stands, PC
with Power Music plus all cables from £1499). You can transfer to other users
via www.powermusicbox.com

Please contact us if you have further questions.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online