SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#383441 - 02/01/14 01:36 PM Re: Don Mason....BK-9 review so far? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I wonder if it will be a hit with Fran, although I'd be surprised if he didn't like it?

Ian

#383443 - 02/01/14 01:38 PM Re: Don Mason....BK-9 review so far? [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
All I need is two more feet!

That's just plain greedy. Most guys just wish for two more INCHES smile smile.

chas

#383444 - 02/01/14 01:39 PM Re: Don Mason....BK-9 review so far? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
No choices - he could have had a Tyros5, MOX8, lots of neat stuff. He chose what was right for him at the time, an arranger that had all the great features he required for his jobs, well within his price range, easy to transport - what more could you ask?

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#383449 - 02/01/14 01:48 PM Re: Don Mason....BK-9 review so far? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
'what more could you ask?'

76 keys, decent action, audio features that WORK, great B3 (great everything, actually!), live sound, Chord Sequencer, iPad integration, multi-switch pedal input...

You know, all that stuff Donny don't use!

#383453 - 02/01/14 01:57 PM Re: Don Mason....BK-9 review so far? [Re: Dnj]

And guess what, neither does most people - other than YOU. The last time I used an organ voice was when I played Green Onions and that was 10 years ago. So lets hear some demos by YOU that highlight all those features YOU use.

Gary cool

#383462 - 02/01/14 03:22 PM Re: Don Mason....BK-9 review so far? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Don maybe the KORG PA900 is a MUCH Better fit ALL AROUND for Your needs? Light, VH, Big display lyrics etc,...just sayin' wink

I LOVE mine ... keys
... and I used it on a gig for the first time last night ... played a dinner dance at a local CC - 225 people - played with my loooong time friend Frank - the sax player from the band we had in NY ... I think the last time we played together was about 5-6 years ago and it could have been yesterday (which come to think of it, IT WAS - laugh2 ) ... but he is SUCH a good musician - has loved and played jazz since he was about 13 years old - and he has such a good ear that he was able to play even the songs we had never played together before ... many, many compliments from the audience ... I LOVE playing with other musicians !!! ...
and before Donny even asks, regretfully I didn't record anything - didn't even get to take pictures this time ... mad

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
And guess what, neither does most people - other than YOU. The last time I used an organ voice was when I played Green Onions and that was 10 years ago. So lets hear some demos by YOU that highlight all those features YOU use.
Gary cool

Gary ... I might have to disagree with you on this one ... I would think - and HOPE - that more players are using the sounds and features of their KBs ... perhaps not as much as Diki, but using them ...
I am also somewhat surprised at your comment about the organ sounds, as I probably have an organ voice set as an STS on half of my custom styles on the KORG and use them on all my gigs at some point or another ... I used them on a good number of songs last night both as back-up to the sax player and on my own solos ... and Frank even commented about how good the organ sounds were ...

#383463 - 02/01/14 03:25 PM Re: Don Mason....BK-9 review so far? [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles

chas

That's what my wife wishes for. I'm pretty happy with what I've got!

#383464 - 02/01/14 03:30 PM Re: Don Mason....BK-9 review so far? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles

chas

That's what my wife wishes for. I'm pretty happy with what I've got!

2 more inches for what? eek2 .....we're lucky we even wake up in the morning at all !!! Now your two fingers are your best friend! rotf2 The only thing thats gonna excite you now is a NEW Arranger KB!! cool2 keys

Edited by Dnj (02/01/14 03:31 PM)

#383470 - 02/01/14 03:52 PM Re: Don Mason....BK-9 review so far? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Gary, there's enough of my work posted already here and at Roland-arranger.com that, if you're looking for proof I am not talking off the top of my head, there it is!

It's not my intention to one-up anyone here in the playing department, I simply hope that the body of my work so far allows me to post without this kind of response.

Apparently not.

#383474 - 02/01/14 04:46 PM Re: Don Mason....BK-9 review so far? [Re: Dnj]

Diki, Obviously, I have no reason to frequent the Roland Forum - therefore, the only posts of your work I've seen, or heard, were the few you posted here, and of course on that CD you gave me a decade ago.

Tony, most of the guys I know in this part of the world, which isn't nearly as many as there were a decade ago, rarely use the organ voices. Granted, they may sound great, regardless of the keyboard, but they're rarely used. I hear lots of pianos, guitars, saxes, but not very often when I hear an organ. Even in the three piece combos playing the bars and clubs. I guess in some areas they're still popular, but just not here.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (02/01/14 04:47 PM)

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online