SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#383112 - 01/30/14 10:59 AM Factory repairs
Bachus Offline

Just a question, has anyone had his arranger ever send back to the factory for repairs?

How long does it take them to resend a repaired unit?

All in all my Audya 4 has been gone for over 2 months again, and its status is still under investigation.. Its been send to italy, and its the 3rd time, first two times took over 3 months each..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#383113 - 01/30/14 11:28 AM Re: Factory repairs [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... when I've needed repairs, which was once for a broken key on my technics kn6000, I was glad the repair shop was a car ride away ... about 1 1/2 hours one way, but still just a car ride - out of the country ?!? ... WOW

#383115 - 01/30/14 11:31 AM Re: Factory repairs [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've personally never experienced a keyboard failure. However, of the few that I know that did send their arrangers back to the factory, the wait time varied from 2 to 6 weeks before it came back to them. That's why I emphasize backups so much - including keyboards.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#383121 - 01/30/14 01:08 PM Re: Factory repairs [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I've personally never experienced a keyboard failure. However, of the few that I know that did send their arrangers back to the factory, the wait time varied from 2 to 6 weeks before it came back to them. That's why I emphasize backups so much - including keyboards.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Long time ago, when i played in a band.. And everything was hardware and not software, our local music shop offered replacements in less then an hour when something failed on stage...

But nowerdays with i ternet buying, its a different ballgame...

I am glad, i only play at home for my own leisure, but still its frustrating if things break down, and all the backups in the world could not solve this problem.. Its the controll print to the buttons and interface that keeps bugging out..... Its been replaced twice... But then its probably another components failure breaking the controll print like a short circuiting power supply or other part..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#383137 - 01/30/14 03:46 PM Re: Factory repairs [Re: Bachus]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
My first T 5 had problems gave it back to yamaha it took 2 weeks got my new one 2 days ago so far so good.

#383230 - 01/31/14 02:06 PM Re: Factory repairs [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
This is why, if my local store can get something, I pay the premium (and state sales tax), and BUY LOCALLY!

Musician's Friend are never going to give you a loaner keyboard while they (or rather, the manufacturer) fix something.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online