SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#383078 - 01/30/14 05:44 AM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: Dnj]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
The Roland version is wayyy more accurate WOW!

#383079 - 01/30/14 05:49 AM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: Nick G]
Dnj Offline

I enjoyed the Roland version a bit more then the Yamaha one also it sounds more live,....just need to add the vocals... cool2

GET LUCKY

#383090 - 01/30/14 08:30 AM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... SERIOUSLY ... how many players here are going to actually PERFORM this song ?!?!? dance confused1

#383095 - 01/30/14 08:48 AM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
You're probably right, Tony. Most stuff I record, which is all instrumental, is romantic easy listening music, mainly for the listener to have on whilst having a late dinner or supper with the wife or girlfriend or guests. It's easier to talk while instrumental music is playing as opposed to vocal numbers.

The beauty of the arranger keyboard is that we can do new versions of older tunes...I never mess with the melody, but the arrangements are changed. Sometimes I will do a 3/4 waltz time tune in slow swing or even Latin.

It's still a lot of fun.

Ian

#383107 - 01/30/14 09:52 AM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Ian ... I am totally with you on changing up the styles ... it's one of the great things about arrangers ... NOT THAT A REAL DRUMMER COULDN'T DO THE SAME THING !!! (for the 'purists' out there wink ) ... when playing for a dinner crowd in a restaurant at Christmas time, I've played 'Jingle Bells' and 'White Christmas' in almost every genre on the board ... grin

#383108 - 01/30/14 10:08 AM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: tony mads usa]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
... SERIOUSLY ... how many players here are going to actually PERFORM this song ?!?!? dance confused1

I'll be playing this tune soon at an event. It was actually requested that we do it. Luckily, I'll have a good vocalist that will be able pull it off nicely. Not a hard tune to do with an arranger keyboard...

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#383109 - 01/30/14 10:10 AM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: Diki]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: Diki
Trying just to listen and not be biased, but I have to admit, the Roland version is the one I like best so far...

I'm a Yamaha player, and I agree.

But still,either one will sound work fine with a great vocal and keyboardist.

Edited by montunoman (01/30/14 10:13 AM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#383110 - 01/30/14 10:30 AM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman

I'll be playing this tune soon at an event. It was actually requested that we do it. Luckily, I'll have a good vocalist that will be able pull it off nicely. Not a hard tune to do with an arranger keyboard...

... a good, YOUNG vocalist, no doubt ... wink

#383114 - 01/30/14 11:29 AM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I would think this would be an easy song to perform, even for an old fart like me. Just need the proper style and some multi-pads. No need to record the guitar riffs - they're already in the keyboard.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#383116 - 01/30/14 11:36 AM Re: Get Lucky on Roland BK9............ [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Gary ... I really wasn't thinking about the difficulty, but what audience I would be playing it for ... If there are young people in the audience, I don't know what they're going to be thinking about ME performing this song ... I guess if you performed it for your upscale Jewish ladies group it would go over ...
Let's just say it's not a song I would feel comfortable performing, for whatever reason ...
BUT, I would play the original mp3 if the situation called for it ...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online