SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#382439 - 01/24/14 11:10 AM Re: Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600 [Re: DAN.2000]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
BTW, Dan, have you looked into adding the capability to save styles in the destination format to vArranger, maybe for people who don't want the hassle of using a laptop, but would like to use the style in the destination arranger?

Basically, you have all the pieces in place, the correct mapping of style Divisions, mapping of sounds and effects, etc.. All you need to add would be a 'Save as...' command, and you might kill EMC's business (which has been a bit spotty and shaky as of late) and take over as the #1 style translator.

#382535 - 01/25/14 01:18 PM Re: Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600 [Re: DAN.2000]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I don't really like style conversion, because you need sometimes to do compromise.
Some style formats does not includes all the features of the other ones so you will lose things.
vArranger is different, because it will try to play every style format with all available features

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#382555 - 01/25/14 04:08 PM Re: Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600 [Re: DAN.2000]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So, essentially, if it has all the features of the destination arranger, it should do the translation, shouldn't it?

I guess the thing that changes the most between arrangers is the CV's, right? Different patterns for different chord types... If vArranger is already dealing with this, it should be able to do a 'save as', shouldn't it?

I think you might gain a LOT more sales of the software if it not only operated as a standalone style 'player', but also did conversions too. Be great to use it on a laptop to audition a bunch of styles, but for those that would rather use their own arranger to play the styles, it would then be even GREATER if, once you found a style you liked in vArranger, it then did the conversion.

Win/win..!

#382568 - 01/25/14 05:24 PM Re: Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600 [Re: DAN.2000]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I understand what you are saying, even if for now it's not the direction I am following.

Yes we can have problems with CVs.

For examples Ketron or Roland styles can have 3 different CV * 8 tracks = 24 phrases for each section
But limited as Maj / Min / 7th

Korg has even more CVS.

Yamaha has only 16 phrases BUT can has more chords. Record one bass line for Maj, one for m9, one for #11Aug.......

So finally, you have to do some compromise when you downmix to a converted style.

Yamaha and Korg has some complex guitar tracks who need a special engine. You can convert them to a simple Cmaj chord.. but you will miss the guitar player style...

And more examples like this...

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online