SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#381737 - 01/17/14 03:21 PM Re: Serious Demo T5 [Re: Saswick]
DannyUK Offline

This is a really nice demo. However, nothing that can't also be replicated on the T4 or S950. Nice demo still nonetheless. In other words, it's down to the player.

Edited by DannyUK (01/17/14 03:26 PM)

#381749 - 01/17/14 11:07 PM Re: Serious Demo T5 [Re: Saswick]
Tony Hughes Offline

Ha well its a great pity that we can't all be masters of our craft like Fran and Diki, this place never fails to surprise me and put a huge smile on my face, be nice if they could both hold their breath for about a week, at least if Diki did he would never get banned again. BTW I think PB is a better demonstrator than the guy in the white trainers that Don got to demo your lionstracs MS Fran, he's still there on YouTube but the MS has gone, there's a moral in the story there that surely you-know-who will come up with some smart ass answer. If PB was a member on SZ would you say the same to him on here and post it, no you wouldn't, just like people on SZ don't tell you how bad they think you sound singing and playing, at least with Diki he is just the silent assassin, he's smart enough not to post his works.

BTW I am going shooting this morning last days of the season, "DOES ANYONE WANT TO COME WITH ME" I will listen to you sing then. rotf2 see how high the notes are... cry

Be OK I suppose if PB was demoing Roland, he'd be perfect then, but he's not that daft.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#381750 - 01/17/14 11:13 PM Re: Serious Demo T5 [Re: hammer]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
And the question that we should ask is why are such events not held in the USA???
Deane

Hammer,

I think you know the answer to that, accordion confused2 to SZ they could not be bothered going to one, Yamaha do their research and the USA would simply be a waste of time, now gas guzzling motorbikes that's different, BTW Hammer how long can you hold your breath, not too long I hope, we want you back over in the UK swinging on the keys, we will let you in.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#381751 - 01/17/14 11:35 PM Re: Serious Demo T5 [Re: Saswick]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

#381753 - 01/17/14 11:48 PM Re: Serious Demo T5 [Re: DannyUK]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: DannyUK
This is a really nice demo. However, nothing that can't also be replicated on the T4 or S950. Nice demo still nonetheless. In other words, it's down to the player.

The sales figures will tell all Danny, it is one vast improvement, have you played one yet.

Tony

#381756 - 01/18/14 01:22 AM Re: Serious Demo T5 [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Ha well its a great pity that we can't all be masters of our craft like Fran and Diki, this place never fails to surprise me and put a huge smile on my face, be nice if they could both hold their breath for about a week, at least if Diki did he would never get banned again.
Be OK I suppose if PB was demoing Roland, he'd be perfect then, but he's not that daft.
BTW I am going shooting this morning last days of the season, "DOES ANYONE WANT TO COME WITH ME" I will listen to you sing then. rotf2 see how high the notes are... cry

The cold facts are that Peter can play circles around most of us here on SZ, including his critics. wink

I was fortunate enough to spend several days working with Peter when the S950 and S750 were being introduced, and in spite of his exceptional musical abilities, he is a very humble person, with a very quick dry wit.

Peter has extensive musical training, which does not get in the way of his expressive playing, but serves to enhance it, and he is a very, very capable improviser, especially on piano.

Great talent and humility are a nice combination, also seen in the personage of fellow SZ'er, Spalding1968 (Worth Quarrie) who, was gracious enough to send me a DVD of his youth choir which he accompanies (and does all the musical arrangements) on a rather old Korg PA1X which simply sounds as good, under his capable fingers, as anything Korg makes today.

Great talent impresses me, Tony, but talent and humility (the latter not to be mistaken for insecurity) does an even better job.

Ian

BTW...I still enjoy that video of you playing that huge multiple manual concert organ...the one that rose out of the floor...great playing, my friend. If your shooting is as good as your playing, those birds are in sheep dit.

#381771 - 01/18/14 07:27 AM Re: Serious Demo T5 [Re: Tony Hughes]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

The sales figures will tell all Danny, it is one vast improvement, have you played one yet.

Tony

Hi Tony,

The T5 will no doubt sell very well, it's an exceptional sounding keyboard. I haven't tried a T5 as I don't live anywhere near a store that would have one on show.

#381792 - 01/18/14 10:45 AM Re: Serious Demo T5 [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Peter is a good demonstrator...he is not a great player...as in the top 10 percent...maybe better than average. smile

When he played the solo instruments on this video..he was unrealistic...his phrasing was not as a flute, sax, or trumpet player would play..and as mentioned ..zero breathing room to even sell a real performance..

I think he depends more on the Yamaha gimmicks than actually playing realistically..
It is also very noticible ..everything he plays is like playing a piano..Real horn players ..lay back a bit in phrasing...that alone would help..

I have an old VHS tape, maybe I can convert it to an MP4...It is Roland's Eric Persing, in mid 80's demo of Roland samples with I think an A series controller..He used a breath controller...as Diki mentions if you are thinking or in this case playing as a breath player...it comes across as real..

BTW: the sample library Eric was using did sound every bit as real as today's stuff..

Just my opinion grin
Meet Eric..

Tony, I think you should read my post again...or better yet, have someone read it to you smile
I read at least 3 other comments that agree with my opinions.."Realistic way of playing a flute, sax, trumpet.."
If it has to be explained any clearer to you...you just don't get it!!

Lionstracs owner is "Dom" not "Don"..another example of senile grin
Hopefully the only thing you are shooting with...is a camera..we don't need another wacko out there with a gun.. smile smile smile smile smile

#381793 - 01/18/14 10:50 AM Re: Serious Demo T5 [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

isnt that always a problem....and one I see time and time again..people play the arranger sounds like a piano instead of the way the instrument should be played & sound.
As a kid in music class I would go to see the NY Philharmonic Orchestra and sit there with my eyes closed to pick out each instrument being played in songs and try to guess what they were.....even difficult ones like bassoon, Piccolo, Oboe, marimba, Glockenspiel, etc,......it's real good practice to do this even if you listen to recordings with closed eyes.....it will let you develop a sense of how the instrument should be played on the arranger KB so you can recreate it while playing a song. headphone

Edited by Dnj (01/18/14 10:54 AM)

#381798 - 01/18/14 11:33 AM Re: Serious Demo T5 [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
isnt that always a problem....and one I see time and time again..people play the arranger sounds like a piano instead of the way the instrument should be played & sound.
As a kid in music class I would go to see the NY Philharmonic Orchestra and sit there with my eyes closed to pick out each instrument being played in songs and try to guess what they were.....even difficult ones like bassoon, Piccolo, Oboe, marimba, Glockenspiel, etc,......it's real good practice to do this even if you listen to recordings with closed eyes.....it will let you develop a sense of how the instrument should be played on the arranger KB so you can recreate it while playing a song. headphone

Donny, do have any recordings of yourself emulating any of the above instruments?

I find Sax about the hardest, and I'm still working on it, and much better than I used to be. I think the SA2 voices really helped as well.

When I did Somewhere Over The Rainbow, back on one of the other threads, I found the T4's SA2 Jazz Sax a real treat to play.

The SA Saxophone in the S950 is really good as well...any tunes you have done that can showcase it?

Ian

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online