SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#380861 - 01/08/14 04:09 AM Recording Audya styles in Studio
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Hi everyone!
For those who do recording; how do you usually record Audya styles in studio?
I use Cubase DAW and I can record only one stereo signal at a time.
I know I can always record complete style but for mixing purposes I would like to record separate tracks. I wonder if I record each track one by one and then align them manually, would this make a decent result? Is this a way to do it at all?
Or is there a way to synchronize Cubase and Audya to start recording each track in perfect sync?
Hopefully someone can help me with some tip?
Thanks and best regards,
Luka

#380968 - 01/08/14 10:14 PM Re: Recording Audya styles in Studio [Re: Luka]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Hi...
Its my way is to Record a Stereo audio chanel of Style, and some times I record more chanels with solo tracks....
I Record, 48khz, and I use the SPDIF out of Audya, in SPDIF in of my RME sound card, to Record in Cubase 6.07....
Of course you can to use the different out of Audya to Record parrallel with different chanels...
Please listen a demo with my way of mix in Cubase... I this demo I recorded the style in a stero chanel, and to continue I recorded the solo tracks....
https://soundcloud.com/sokratis-1974/audya-disco-70s

#380975 - 01/09/14 04:28 AM Re: Recording Audya styles in Studio [Re: Luka]
Luka Offline

Hi Sokratis!
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. This is probably most convenient and quickest way to do it, make the mix in Audya and record arrangement in one step.
Can I please ask you one more thing? How do you prepare audio drums for your own styles: do you copy individual drum sections into user drum folder first and then assign those sections in Audya with Style modeling? Or do you make the Audya structure in Cubase (the same way as for the MIDI with markers etc), then export it as wav and copy to user drums folder? Can wav file contain markers like midi file?
I hope this question makes sense smile
Thank you also for all the useful info and materials you post on this forum!
Best regards,
Luka

Edited by Luka (01/09/14 04:29 AM)

#380994 - 01/09/14 08:33 AM Re: Recording Audya styles in Studio [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974

I Record, 48khz, and I use the SPDIF out of Audya, in SPDIF in of my RME sound card, to Record in Cubase 6.07

Sokratis,

what model of RME do you use?

Thanks.

#381046 - 01/09/14 10:38 PM Re: Recording Audya styles in Studio [Re: Luka]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Originally Posted By: Luka
Hi Sokratis!
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. This is probably most convenient and quickest way to do it, make the mix in Audya and record arrangement in one step.
Can I please ask you one more thing? How do you prepare audio drums for your own styles: do you copy individual drum sections into user drum folder first and then assign those sections in Audya with Style modeling? Or do you make the Audya structure in Cubase (the same way as for the MIDI with markers etc), then export it as wav and copy to user drums folder? Can wav file contain markers like midi file?
I hope this question makes sense smile
Thank you also for all the useful info and materials you post on this forum!
Best regards,
Luka

Hi Luka...
Yes.. My new audio drums I make in Cubase with some VST, I make audio mix, and I make export wav files, and to continue copy in User Audio drums folder of Audya....
Also in new Ajamsonic Upgrade that I am working, i have use Live Drummer https://soundcloud.com/sokratis-1974/ketron-audya-soul-gospel

Thanks.

#381048 - 01/09/14 10:41 PM Re: Recording Audya styles in Studio [Re: Dreamer]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dreamer
Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974

I Record, 48khz, and I use the SPDIF out of Audya, in SPDIF in of my RME sound card, to Record in Cubase 6.07

Sokratis,

what model of RME do you use?

Thanks.

Ciao Andrea!!
Yes...
I have the RME UCX http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_fireface_ucx.php
Very Good!!!!

#381053 - 01/10/14 12:45 AM Re: Recording Audya styles in Studio [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi Sokratis,
yes, RME soundcards have an excellent reputation; I have just purchased a Motu 828 Mk 3 Hybrid.

http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/828x#firewire

Ciao!

#381055 - 01/10/14 04:27 AM Re: Recording Audya styles in Studio [Re: Luka]
Luka Offline

Thanks for the clarification, Sokratis! Is there some manual from Ketron about user drum creation?
I see you guys use some powerful sound cards. I have to check a bit what is on the market now.
Best regards,
Luka

#381250 - 01/12/14 07:31 AM Re: Recording Audya styles in Studio [Re: Luka]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Originally Posted By: Luka
Thanks for the clarification, Sokratis! Is there some manual from Ketron about user drum creation?
I see you guys use some powerful sound cards. I have to check a bit what is on the market now.
Best regards,
Luka

Luka...
It is typical tips as any midi file programming, and any audio mix in a DAW host like Cubase, Sonar, Logic, Pro Tools ets.. Nothing special, or different way.... You can in variations up to 32 Bars audio drums, 1 bar for Fills, Breaks etc......

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (01/12/14 07:32 AM)

#381323 - 01/13/14 11:44 AM Re: Recording Audya styles in Studio [Re: Luka]
Luka Offline

OK, thanks!
Best regards,
Luka

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online