SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#381318 - 01/13/14 09:41 AM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
124 Offline

Ha! Then my dad was a wise man.

I knew that, anyway.

#381319 - 01/13/14 10:27 AM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Other than Social Security 100-percent of my income comes from performing with an arranger keyboard. The print media outdoor writing business dried up a few years ago, which ended my 35-plus year career as a freelance writer. Oh well, all good things eventually come to an end. There's a country song there somewhere. Ah yes, Turn Out The Lights, The Party's Over.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#381330 - 01/13/14 01:30 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Turn Out The Lights, The Party's Over.

And people think I'M pessimistic? LOL

#381331 - 01/13/14 01:39 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Diki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
Turn Out The Lights, The Party's Over.

And people think I'M pessimistic? LOL

I think Gary was talking about his writing career ...

The print media outdoor writing business dried up a few years ago, which ended my 35-plus year career as a freelance writer. Oh well, all good things eventually come to an end. There's a country song there somewhere. Ah yes, Turn Out The Lights, The Party's Over.

Gary cool

#381332 - 01/13/14 01:39 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

#381335 - 01/13/14 01:47 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... you got mail ...

#381351 - 01/13/14 05:20 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hey Gary,
How much are you allowed to make on the side when you're collecting SS? Do they care even?

#381352 - 01/13/14 05:26 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Dave, I'm old, so I can make as much as I want. Of course, I keep impeccable records, do all my bookkeeping with Quick Books, integrate that information into Turbo Tax, and use every legal deductible I legally can, which lowers my adjusted gross income by a huge margin. Plus, I also contribute the maximum into my retirement program every year, which also brings down the gross. Yes, they do care how much you make, and they'll do their best to take as much as they can from you. However, if you are diligent you get to keep a lot more. Then you can really piss a lot of it away on a sailboat. wink

Gary cool

#381353 - 01/13/14 06:01 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
hmmmmm ....sailboat, 'eh?
wink

#381354 - 01/13/14 06:49 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Yep, a sailboat. This was me headed to work in the tiki bar one afternoon. I dropped off the music gear earlier, then moved the boat back to the mooring field, and was headed back to work via my inflatable dinghy. Work was just a short distance up Boot Key Harbor from where the boat was moored.

This was at Wednesday night's Happy Hour at Sombrero Resort. Had a ball, the tips were great, but the pay scale is about the same as Baltimore's night club circuit - $100 for 3 hour job.

I think you would really love it down there, Dave.

Gary cool

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online