SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#381287 - 01/12/14 06:32 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Huh?

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#381289 - 01/12/14 06:51 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
U Dave thanks for sharing such a beautiful story, there aren’t many that would do that.

I read the good and the bad -- and it’s all good because look at who you are now. We learn very little at a party, but if you add a little pain we become very teachable.

John C.

#381290 - 01/12/14 06:56 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

#381292 - 01/12/14 08:40 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

rotf2

#381294 - 01/12/14 09:00 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
smoke

#381295 - 01/12/14 10:17 PM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki
smoke

Smoking weed gives you short term memory loss....or even worse....short term memory loss.

#381303 - 01/13/14 06:31 AM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
billyhank Offline

UD,

Man your life sounds a lot like mine except mine started a lot earlier than your and was in the evening, but I am a night owl anyway.

Glenn Miller was still the popular style band when I was in high school and my first band was in that style, but I found out being a band leader less fun than a band player. Buying the sheets, stands, getting folks to practice, renting the dance hall, hiring guards, ticket sales, on and on was more than this kid could handle.

My folks sent me to the University of Michigan as a music major - when I found out that the curriculum was to make me a high school band director, I quit and enlisted because the Korean "Police Action" was nipping at my heals - stayed in through Vietnam.

Bill G

#381309 - 01/13/14 07:09 AM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: billyhank]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: billyhank
UD,

I found out being a band leader less fun than a band player. Buying the sheets, stands, getting folks to practice, renting the dance hall, hiring guards, ticket sales, on and on was more than this kid could handle.

Bill G

I hear you Bill. Even running your OMB act is a lot more work than being a side man in a band. I love to play in bands and I'm glad I get called occasionally to sub for different bands.

I also love the flexibility that the arranger keyboard allows me. I can play out as a solo, duo, trio,... My preference is to work with at least another vocalist and maybe another instrumentalist however the majority of my work is solo.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#381314 - 01/13/14 08:39 AM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: montunoman]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Less than 25% of my "live play" income comes from playing arrangers.

Less than 35% of my total playing income comes from live play.

I will ALWAYS include interaction/play with other musicians.

To me, that's what it's all about.

But again, that's because I'm not an entertainer.

The sacrifices have been major. But, this is what I've chosen, and life has been pretty good for the 58 years I've been involved in music.

But, I'm not Donny, who, I'm sure is a showstopper.

More power to him and others who get their satisfaction from pleasing customers live.

The point is: PLAY AND ENJOY IT!

Be well, folk,

Russ

#381315 - 01/13/14 08:55 AM Re: I had my guitar theory lesson last night ... [Re: captain Russ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Less than 25% of my "live play" income comes from playing arrangers.

Less than 35% of my total playing income comes from live play.

I will ALWAYS include interaction/play with other musicians.

To me, that's what it's all about.

But again, that's because I'm not an entertainer.

The sacrifices have been major. But, this is what I've chosen, and life has been pretty good for the 58 years I've been involved in music.

But, I'm not Donny, who, I'm sure is a showstopper.

More power to him and others who get their satisfaction from pleasing customers live.

The point is: PLAY AND ENJOY IT!

Be well, folk,

Russ

Russ a wise man once told me after a show.....

"God gave you a talent,do you know why he gave it to you?..."
I said no,......and he replied...."
"So you can Share it with the world".. wink

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online