SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#381090 - 01/10/14 09:00 AM Re: Something a little different, for me that is. G70 [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Wow, Tony. I was a kid in the Navy when that came out - remember it well.
Gary cool

... you ol' codger ... wink

The lead singer - Vito Picone _ was a long time boyfriend of a cousin of my wife ...

#381092 - 01/10/14 09:04 AM Re: Something a little different, for me that is. G70 [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Meanwhile, back at the original topic ... another nice job Col ... you have found your way around that G70, eh ? ...

#381095 - 01/10/14 09:09 AM Re: Something a little different, for me that is. G70 [Re: Saswick]
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
Excellent job COL. Loved the Clarinet sound. Very tastefully done. The G70 sounds great. A nice big realistic sound. The only suggestion I would have is to move the clarinet a little back into the mix and move the accompaniment forward.

Do the newer Roland Arrangers (BK-5,7 and 9) sound as good?
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#381097 - 01/10/14 09:12 AM Re: Something a little different, for me that is. G70 [Re: Saswick]
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
Another nice job. This time the mix balance was much better.
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#381101 - 01/10/14 09:19 AM Re: Something a little different, for me that is. G70 [Re: Saswick]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sorry Col, I was so caught up in the nostalgia that I forgot to complement you on the fine job you did with the song.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#381103 - 01/10/14 09:30 AM Re: Something a little different, for me that is. G70 [Re: Joesax]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Thanks' Guy's

Andrea, pure coincidence with the Clarinet I posted Petite Fleur in another place and someone suggested I do "Stranger on The Shore" so not wishing to disappoint I recorded it. It's a bit rough round the edges but "not too terrible" as they say over here.

Joe, Andrea has a BK7m and a G70, Diki has the G70 and the BK9,
so they are more familiar the Roland sounds, as I am new to Roland I'm not really in a position to compare. I'm not really into instrumentals but the G70 has some descent sax's so I may try a bit of swing, watch this space.

Tony, I'm getting there slowly, it really is a beast, so different from the Korg, a really nice change though.

Col

#381114 - 01/10/14 12:56 PM Re: Something a little different, for me that is. G70 [Re: Saswick]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Here's a little tip to get over that 'too loud lead' syndrome...

Practice the song with the Accompaniment/Keyboard knob at 12 o'clock... but when it comes time to record it, back off the knob to favor the accompaniment (on the G70, about 9 o'clock works for me) and try to not play any harder. Adjust to taste if you can't hear the lead at all, but use as little as you can.

It will amaze you how much more in balance it will be.

#381117 - 01/10/14 01:21 PM Re: Something a little different, for me that is. G70 [Re: Diki]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Thanks' Diki I'll try that tomorrow makes a lot of sense.

Col

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online