SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#380336 - 01/02/14 03:39 PM Re: New Years terror [Re: cassp]
rosetree
Unregistered

I accompanied a singer in a home for people with congenital brain impairments before Christmas. It was a very friendly atmosphere, but I also had some worries that something could happen to my nearly brand-new MoXF. But the staff seemed to be experienced and blocked the aisle with some additional chairs.

Another risk might be other people who want to help you carry your equipment. Somebody wanted to carry my 18-key foot pedal (sometimes I play the bass myself by foot) and instead of grabbing the strong side parts, he grabbed the fragile pedals keys...

Edited by rosetree (01/02/14 03:39 PM)

#380338 - 01/02/14 03:53 PM Re: New Years terror [Re: ]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Loved all these stories............So glad I made the decision that my Tyros 5 will NEVER leave the house!!!!! You guys are brave! -charley

#380385 - 01/03/14 08:22 AM Re: New Years terror [Re: travlin'easy]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Gary you are the Master of invention.

#380386 - 01/03/14 08:36 AM Re: New Years terror [Re: cassp]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
All this got me thinking about my days as a drummer with a local country band.
We played a placed in Dallas - sawdust floors and all where the crowd was pretty rough. The bouncers were three hugh guys and they were kept busy all night long. Our stage was actually behind a screen which blocked bottles and glasses but not what was in them. After one week I quite the gig - had to change every head on every drum - and clean cymbals and stands before I could use them again. Those were the days!!!

Deane

#380416 - 01/03/14 10:12 AM Re: New Years terror [Re: hammer]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I have "momentous" from my many years as a "lounge lizzard", including lots of broken bones from fights...usually started by someone else, with me joining in as a part of the "establishment army".

The scariest thing was a riot at a large surfing event in Anahiem in 1963. Must have been 20 thousand there in a big community center. One element has butcher knife blades stuffed in the soles of their shoes.

The bandstand was rushed, and the drummer was knocked off the stage and severely injured. The sax player was cut severely. I swung my maple Strat like a baseball bat and took out 5 people, hurting one pretty severely.

Scared ****less!

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (01/03/14 10:17 AM)

#380419 - 01/03/14 10:15 AM Re: New Years terror [Re: cassp]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Russ, you old hothead - what are you doing using your hands as TOOLS of violence!?????!

#380421 - 01/03/14 10:16 AM Re: New Years terror [Re: cassp]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I had a fight once, but it was back before I learned to apologize.

#380422 - 01/03/14 10:18 AM Re: New Years terror [Re: cassp]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Russ,
in my very early days of gigging I had a gig at which a woman decided to shot her lover and chased him around a pool table firing at him until she killed him. All the band members, including me, ran like hell. Later when I was allowed to pack up and leave I found a bullet crease on the crown of my ride cymbal - the cops took the cymbal as evidence and it took me a year to get it back. I found another band to play with that booked better places.

Deane

#380423 - 01/03/14 10:19 AM Re: New Years terror [Re: DonM]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Sadly, I STILL have a temper that is, sometimes difficult to control.

I'm not very proud of that.

In the above incident, absolute TERROR, not temper was the controlling factor.

Russ

#380425 - 01/03/14 10:20 AM Re: New Years terror [Re: cassp]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Somehow ... even with my "quick wit" and "somewhat sarcastic" glibness ... I've NEVER been in a fight as an adult! I've teased people on the mic, made "observations" out loud at parties, and still .... never had to swing a punch in defense or offense. I remember pushing a kid (in a swimming pool) when I was a teenager ... defending the honor of my cousin. Doesn't really count - we were both IN the water ... not like he could get hurt. LOL
(fingers crossed for more of the same)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online