SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#378934 - 12/21/13 03:03 AM Re: The BIGGEST difference between OMB and : [Re: bruno123]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: bruno123

Four men: Drums, B3 with bass pedals, Tenor Sax, and me on Guitar and lead vocals. The interplay between the Sax player and me at times was --- err, ELECTRIC, I have no better word. We experienced a feeling that we could not describe, and when it was over we just smiled wondering what happened.

I used to LOVE playing bass pedals, and ran mine through a big old Ampeg with two 15's. It certainly required a lot more concentration, especially when soloing, but there was a lot of personal satisfaction involved in pulling it off right.

My interplay involved the guitarist at the time (he's one of the guys I jam with now) and many times it felt like we had ESP going on.

There's no doubt about the magic created in a well suited and sorted group, and, I'm lucky to be able to still experience that to some degree today.

And yes, the one man band is a different category, but still very satisfying if you put the time in to make it work really well.

Ian

#379045 - 12/21/13 05:13 PM Re: The BIGGEST difference between OMB and : [Re: ianmcnll]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Group playing is GREAT. When the bass player is your son and the drummer is your grandson, it's EVEN BETTER! I'd prefer playing with them than as an OMB any day!

Russ

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online