SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#379004 - 12/21/13 01:12 PM Tyros5 vs. PA3X: Sound & Style Comparison Shootout
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
A 17 minute video demonstrating comparative sounds and styles on the 'Yamaha Tyros 5' and 'Korg PA3X' keyboards.
The closest selection of sounds and styles were used in order to make a fair comparison of both keyboards. darthvader

Scott

#379006 - 12/21/13 01:31 PM Re: Tyros5 vs. PA3X: Sound & Style Comparison Shootout [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

sounds like a Tie to me ..

#379007 - 12/21/13 01:36 PM Re: Tyros5 vs. PA3X: Sound & Style Comparison Shootout [Re: Dnj]
nbnserge Offline

Interesting video
thank you Scott

#379017 - 12/21/13 02:20 PM Re: Tyros5 vs. PA3X: Sound & Style Comparison Shootout [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
As with any of these things, the skill of the player is the REAL determining factor in how real something sounds. Play the world's best violin sound in a way a violinist wouldn't, you just undid all the work of the people who made the samples and the patch...

#379057 - 12/21/13 07:11 PM Re: Tyros5 vs. PA3X: Sound & Style Comparison Shootout [Re: Scottyee]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
just look at the size difference between the two smile

#379059 - 12/21/13 07:43 PM Re: Tyros5 vs. PA3X: Sound & Style Comparison Shootout [Re: Scottyee]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I’m a Yamaha guy. I wish they’d put all of the features of the Tyros 5 in something the size and weight of the S950, with a dynamite built-in sound system; then, jack-up the price. That would get my attention toward a purchase.

#379069 - 12/22/13 03:22 AM Re: Tyros5 vs. PA3X: Sound & Style Comparison Shootout [Re: Diki]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
As with any of these things, the skill of the player is the REAL determining factor in how real something sounds. Play the world's best violin sound in a way a violinist wouldn't, you just undid all the work of the people who made the samples and the patch...

Seems he plays the violin like its a key instument,,, .. not using DNC on the Korg, which gives it a disadvantege to the SA2....

But in general

If you compare the seperate sounds with each other, some go to Yamaha, some victories go to Korg..

I would say Piano, E piano and B3 and violin are still victories for Korg. Saxaphones, guitars, strings, churchorgan(by ten miles) goes to Yamaha

Styles are a tie, i would say.

The difference is more about personall preferences in sound then about actuall sample and styles quallity because the quallity comes pretty close.

To me this proves what the T5 sound much more cleaner and live then the T4 and moved in sound quallity very close to the PA3X.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#379070 - 12/22/13 03:32 AM Re: Tyros5 vs. PA3X: Sound & Style Comparison Shootout [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

So if most feel it's a tie sound/style, wise......
does build quality, VH, & onboard Pro editing features bring the PA3x over the top? I'll bet Pa4x has a much bigger display screen also.

Edited by Dnj (12/22/13 03:33 AM)

#379072 - 12/22/13 04:29 AM Re: Tyros5 vs. PA3X: Sound & Style Comparison Shootout [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
So if most feel it's a tie sound/style, wise......
does build quality, VH, & onboard Pro editing features bring the PA3x over the top? I'll bet Pa4x has a much bigger display screen also.

I think its more a choice between, having easy playabillity, SA2 automation, Ensembles and the new Organ stuff on T5

Versus the pro features on PA3x and the improved VH...

I dont think the choice between a Korg and a Yamaha totl is about the sound anymore.... its about what you want.. T5 is awesoeme straight out of the box, and perfect for playing songs as close to the orriginal as possible withouth any tweaking and such... just choosing the right style and sound and go..

But if you want to create your own sound on stage, Korg is the way to go.. You can tweak styles, songs and espescially sounds more, you have a lot of tricks in the styles compartment that you dont have in T5 and you have more controll over the articulation voices..

If you are a singer, the Korg VH is also a reason to choose Korg..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#379075 - 12/22/13 06:09 AM Re: Tyros5 vs. PA3X: Sound & Style Comparison Shootout [Re: Scottyee]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I think it's fair to say that yamaha no longer has the clear advantage in the sound department . Both sound excellent out of the box . Korg still has that live feel as opposed to the cd like quality of the yamaha . But in terms if features the korg as have all previous korg has the advantage over the yamaha . Today is probably the best times for musicians in terms of choice . There is something for everyone in pretty much all the price ranges .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online