SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#378972 - 12/21/13 09:41 AM Re: Lyrics & Mp3 songs on iPad, Tablet pictures needed [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
A few years ago we lost all electricity at the club, with a room full of people. I did two hours with acoustic guitar and vocals and only the few hundred songs in my head! The kitchen cooks with gas and they used candles at the tables. Turned out to be a special night for all of us!
For those that want to use binders. I have a dozen or so for sale in a box in the attic, along with a bunch of fake books. Probably stuff you can't get anywhere else.
Also will trade them for food. Or more mics. Or sex. Oh, never mind. I had a proposition just last week. I told her okay we'll get a motel room and if I can do anything I'll pay my half.

#378990 - 12/21/13 12:22 PM Re: Lyrics & Mp3 songs on iPad, Tablet pictures needed [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Donny,
This is what I think you'd like:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/anytune-pro+-slow-downer-music/id478293637?mt=8

If you use the iPad in Landscape mode, the playlist stays up while the graphic window to the right shows the progress of the song playing. You can set it to NOT advance after a track is played, and it remembers tempo and pitch changes per song. It will display a lyric if you desire as well.

Highly recommended.

#379010 - 12/21/13 01:46 PM Re: Lyrics & Mp3 songs on iPad, Tablet pictures needed [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I have a couple dozen fake books for sale here too. I put all my lyrics on the laptop, then copied the files to the USB drive of the keyboard. I would be in serious trouble if both suddenly dropped dead, but in two decades of performing with a keyboard I've never had a complete failure, or even a keyboard hiccup for that matter. And, in 40 years of using PCs, never had a complete failure - NEVER! Guess I must be doing something right. Or, maybe I'm just damned lucky. But if it were luck, I would have hit that half-billion powerball ticket the other night and would be looking at a new sailing yacht today in Miami. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#379014 - 12/21/13 02:17 PM Re: Lyrics & Mp3 songs on iPad, Tablet pictures needed [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm one of these guys that is slow to embrace most new technology. It's not that I can't figure it out...I could program a DX-7 where many of my colleagues couldn't figure it out at all.

Yet, the funny thing was, I fought hard against getting one, because I liked the old analog so much better...still do.

I only got a computer shortly before I joined SZ, and only then when my Yamaha boss at the time sent me his old laptop. But, once on the Internet and after some serious screw ups and reloading the OS a few times, I eventually caught on, and now I couldn't be without my PC. I don't even have a television or cable; all my entertainment and correspondence is with the PC.

I have no desire to get an I-Pad, or I-phone...I don't own a cell phone of any kind. All my years with Yamaha I survived without one...I liked it because I could hide.

I don't have an answering machine, but I do have call display, so I know if someone important called...most reach me through email or Skype.

Someone at the bank (who often make promotional calls to clients) said to me, "Mr. MacNeill...you never answer your phone."...I replied, "Well it is MY phone!"

I like my life to be casual, and, for the most part of it, it is that way, but it does require learning to say, "No" at the right times. This was especially important after I retired.

Many people don't understand, but the important thing is, I do.

Life is meant to be sipped...not gulped.

There, my little bit of philosophy sharing for the day...ha ha!

Ian the Indolent wink

#379021 - 12/21/13 02:26 PM Re: Lyrics & Mp3 songs on iPad, Tablet pictures needed [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Bachus

To be on the safe side of things...

You might better stop playing electronical instruments, because they may drop out of power... May i suggest you start playing lute..

I play piano, guitar, trombone, accordion... I figure if the power goes out, I got it covered!

#379022 - 12/21/13 02:31 PM Re: Lyrics & Mp3 songs on iPad, Tablet pictures needed [Re: Diki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... as long as you have a Chord Sequencer on the piano or accordion ... wink

#379023 - 12/21/13 02:35 PM Re: Lyrics & Mp3 songs on iPad, Tablet pictures needed [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Donny,
This is what I think you'd like:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/anytune-pro+-slow-downer-music/id478293637?mt=8

If you use the iPad in Landscape mode, the playlist stays up while the graphic window to the right shows the progress of the song playing. You can set it to NOT advance after a track is played, and it remembers tempo and pitch changes per song. It will display a lyric if you desire as well.

Highly recommended.

Dave thanx just show it to me in action when I come over next week for lunch ok.....and if anyone is interested I have two
X stands for sale a TOTL Ultimate support IQ3000 & a
Pro Line PL200 with squeeze trigger.

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/product/IQ-3000

and a single brace On Stage with auto lock.

http://www.prolinestands.com/products/in...tands&uID=4

great prices..anyone interested drop me a line........message me.

#379092 - 12/22/13 01:09 PM Re: Lyrics & Mp3 songs on iPad, Tablet pictures needed [Re: tony mads usa]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
... as long as you have a Chord Sequencer on the piano or accordion ... wink

Really?
computer

#379104 - 12/22/13 01:59 PM Re: Lyrics & Mp3 songs on iPad, Tablet pictures needed [Re: Diki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
...c'mon, Diki, smile a little ... 'tis the Season to be Merry ... grin

#379105 - 12/22/13 02:06 PM Re: Lyrics & Mp3 songs on iPad, Tablet pictures needed [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
...c'mon, Diki, smile a little ... 'tis the Season to be Merry ... grin
rotf2

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online