SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#37880 - 04/07/02 11:30 PM What to buy to build a basic Home Studio?
Maximo Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Hello there,
anyone can help me to buy the right stuff to start a home studio? What kind of computer?
What kind of keyboard? What kind of sequencing/recording software? Do I need a Sound Card, what kind? Do I need speakers? Do I need for the vocal just a microphone to hook up or I need some sort of instruments for the voice too? Please, help!
Thank you to all of you in advance.

PS: I know how to use almost any instruments in a music production studio, what I don't know is how to put a basic one together! Thanks

Maximo

#37881 - 04/23/02 01:15 AM Re: What to buy to build a basic Home Studio?
blochsound Offline

It really all depends on the type of production you will be doing. Five years ago I opend my project studio with a tascam 16 real to real, a oudated board and some mikes. Really i would sugest a simple HDR(hard disk recorder), some type of mixer board, and a computer with lowlatency soundcard made for pro-audio. I use the aark20/20 for aardvark that has asio drivers writen specificly for cubase. If not mixing to DAT, we mix to computer. all of are editing and arranging is done in cubase.
As far as midi controlers go, if you have a computer with midi, use cubase as your seq. and get a real 88-key weighted midi keyboard and do the sound editing through soft synts. get some good mikes some headphones and you good to go.

hope this helped

#37882 - 04/23/02 05:11 AM Re: What to buy to build a basic Home Studio?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Maximo,
Call me if you need advice on this.
215-757-8598 (USA EST)
There are SOOOOOO many variables. Too much to list here without asking a lot of questions first.

#37883 - 04/23/02 11:32 AM Re: What to buy to build a basic Home Studio?
Maximo Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Thanks guys for replying.
Uncle Dave I will call you when I get the chance,thank you.

Massimo

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online