SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#378507 - 12/17/13 03:46 PM INFO SESSION MELBOURNE WITH YAMAHA T5 WOW!
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
I Attended an Info session with Yamaha last night in Boronia Melbourne On the T5, and coming from someone who sold his T4 to get an audya 76 (which I love and I am not selling) I can tell you the T5 is all class. People that are saying it"s a small step up from T4 don't know what they are talking about.

My impression on the sounds and extra features along with the additional bonus software IPAD usability and 76 notes makes this a winner. The sound is jaw dropping, and Yamaha along with pretty much perfect samples of many instruments and styles have not only cleaned them up beautifully, but have delivered a fabulous entertainers paradise.

The yamaha presenter told me that the ability to loop multi pads is built in to this release which was really my main and only concern with a purchase, which i was more than happy to go ahead with. the Once again the avi's movies and demo"s are in no way able to present the real sound of sitting in front of the mighty T5! You must if you have not already, sit listen and play to understand what I am conveying to you.

#378517 - 12/17/13 08:52 PM Re: INFO SESSION MELBOURNE WITH YAMAHA T5 WOW! [Re: Robbo]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Thanks for your report and perspective. Had Yamaha not come out with their 76 version, I would be tempted by the Audya Ajamsonic version. Yammy got it together just in time for my needs. Hal

#378535 - 12/18/13 01:45 AM Re: INFO SESSION MELBOURNE WITH YAMAHA T5 WOW! [Re: Robbo]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks Robbo. And nothing like an evening in the Dandenongs with some great new keyboard technology.

#378542 - 12/18/13 02:05 AM Re: INFO SESSION MELBOURNE WITH YAMAHA T5 WOW! [Re: Robbo]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Robbo
People that are saying it"s a small step up from T4 don't know what they are talking about.

Once again the avi's movies and demo"s are in no way able to present the real sound of sitting in front of the mighty T5! You must if you have not already, sit listen and play to understand what I am conveying to you.

Robbo, Very well said. I played one for about 90 minutes. What I heard live totally different than the demo movies. I wasn't going to try to sell anyone (other than those I spoke or wrote too off the forum) on it because there's a tendency here for too much negativity when it comes to certain products.

#378546 - 12/18/13 02:24 AM Re: INFO SESSION MELBOURNE WITH YAMAHA T5 WOW! [Re: Robbo]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Robbo
I Attended an Info session with Yamaha last night in Boronia Melbourne On the T5, and coming from someone who sold his T4 to get an audya 76 (which I love and I am not selling) I can tell you the T5 is all class. People that are saying it"s a small step up from T4 don't know what they are talking about.

My impression on the sounds and extra features along with the additional bonus software IPAD usability and 76 notes makes this a winner. The sound is jaw dropping, and Yamaha along with pretty much perfect samples of many instruments and styles have not only cleaned them up beautifully, but have delivered a fabulous entertainers paradise.

The yamaha presenter told me that the ability to loop multi pads is built in to this release which was really my main and only concern with a purchase, which i was more than happy to go ahead with. the Once again the avi's movies and demo"s are in no way able to present the real sound of sitting in front of the mighty T5! You must if you have not already, sit listen and play to understand what I am conveying to you.

The multi pads are great, but i would have loved if they could be synced with the styles tempo, as is possible on the PA3x

I am ver anxious to see what the ipad apps for T5 will have to offer, Baartmans and Voncken where not allowed to say anything except that they wil be available in Februari... And that the expansion manager is one of the apps that you will be able to run and controll from your ipad..

And as said... The step soundwise from T4 to T5 is possibly as big as the step from T1 to T4 ... Thats because of the hugely improved effects section... And we all know thatbeffects make 50 % of the sound...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#378561 - 12/18/13 07:18 AM Re: INFO SESSION MELBOURNE WITH YAMAHA T5 WOW! [Re: Robbo]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Not just the MIDI multipads, but also the audio multipads feature needs looping and syncing to tempo.

FAR less expensive arrangers can do this...

#378589 - 12/18/13 10:06 AM Re: INFO SESSION MELBOURNE WITH YAMAHA T5 WOW! [Re: Robbo]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The midi multipads do loop. Have for several generations.
All of these arrangers have their strong points and drawbacks. If Roland had effective break/fill and multipads I would probably be playing one because I love the sound, styles and features.
The two current arrangers really fit my personal preferences best, and that's PA3X and Audya.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online