SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#3805 - 02/20/06 08:10 AM Re: Is evevryone a serious musician?
magaling Offline

Loc: los angeles, CA., USA
I am seriou about my life but music is part of my life.
I play music as my recreational activity, provides me the strength to continue and face life.

Now I am confused!!!!!!!
I was not confused a while ago.........thanks to you.

#3806 - 02/20/06 12:33 PM Re: Is evevryone a serious musician?
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Sorry!

Wow, have not had a reply to this post in almost a month.

#3807 - 02/23/06 12:55 AM Re: Is evevryone a serious musician?
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
What keyboards do you have controlfreak?

Speaking of knobs to twiddle...would love to have one of these some day!
http://www.alesis.com/product.php?id=10

I totally know what you mean about having a physical/hardware synth to mangle sounds with. The knobs are practically falling off my CS6x from when I used it in a band and recorded dance music all the time. I'll never sell that thing! The arpeggios are fantastic too...especially if you record them into your sequencer as MIDI, then tweak them even further.

#3808 - 02/23/06 02:56 AM Re: Is evevryone a serious musician?

Well, right now Carrie, the only keyboard I have, is an old ARP OMNI, that partialy works. Has two dead keys, the waveform enhancement button quit working, and the 8' synth sound works sometimes. Plus the slidders are stiff. I just purchsed a K61 one of KORG'S newest keyboard controllers from Sweetwater. which is totally off the mark, for someone with the nickname "analogcontrolfreak". BTW: you can call me Paul. Just thought I would try my hand at some software synths. Don't get me wrong I have not given up on buying a hardware synth with knobs, it's just that hardware synths with knobs tend to be, rather expensive. Like the MS2000 & 2000B or any of the the Nord Leads or Moog etc...

I may eventually buy a hardware synth in the futrue, since there are a lot of good ones out there, new and used, as well as vintage.

#3809 - 02/23/06 02:22 PM Re: Is evevryone a serious musician?
MrEd Offline

Paul,
Too bad Heathkit still doesn't produce the Do-It-Yourself kits on electronic products like they use to.

A D-I-Y synthesizer. You can build it and add more knobs (bells and whistles too!) whenever you wanted or had the extra cash

Those were the days my friend, why did they have to end...

#3810 - 02/23/06 02:43 PM Re: Is evevryone a serious musician?

I did not know Heath Kit made DIY synth kits? PAIA still makes a few DIY kits, though not like they used to in the 1970's. Which was when I was a young child.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online