SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#377852 - 12/11/13 09:20 AM Re: New T5 Video Tutorial German / English [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I visited Frankie's place recently and he demoed the T5 a little for me - no I have no interest, just wanted to hear it ... like Donny it is far more than what I need - Frank showed me the ensemble feature and while it is quite impressive, my question was how many OMB are going to make use of it? ... I see it more as a 'studio' tool ...
JMHO

#377861 - 12/11/13 10:22 AM Re: New T5 Video Tutorial German / English [Re: tony mads usa]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
I visited Frankie's place recently and he demoed the T5 a little for me - no I have no interest, just wanted to hear it ... like Donny it is far more than what I need - Frank showed me the ensemble feature and while it is quite impressive, my question was how many OMB are going to make use of it? ... I see it more as a 'studio' tool ...
JMHO

Its definately not a studio tool, because in a studio every instrument in an ensemble gets it own track..

Its meant for live playing, and if you use the harmony function, its quite easy to get great results, and for pros it willreally make the difference on stage when they get used to using it..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#377863 - 12/11/13 10:39 AM Re: New T5 Video Tutorial German / English [Re: Bachus]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Bachus

Its meant for live playing, and if you use the harmony function, its quite easy to get great results, and for pros it will really make the difference on stage when they get used to using it..

I agree. Like anything else, I'm might take a short time to master, but the result is worth it. The versatility of the 'Ensemble feature' gives us the potential to sound even more realistic then ever to cover all the different musical requirements of a wedding. From emulating a pipe organ and vocal choir for the church ceremony, a 4 piece string ensemble at the reception, and then realistic big band horns for the after dinner entertainment and DJ'ing during the dance portion. Instead of having to hire different musicians/bands for each portion of a wedding event, they can simply hire us OMB guys to handle the entire music for the wedding and perhaps at a cost saving to them as well. cool

#377865 - 12/11/13 10:59 AM Re: New T5 Video Tutorial German / English [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
JMHO

Tony consider yourself lucky!! smile I too just wanted to hear it! My mistake redface I can never go just listen

#377887 - 12/11/13 02:23 PM Re: New T5 Video Tutorial German / English [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Steve ... it's all about priorities ... my priority was living in Italy for a month, which cost about the same as 5 T5s ... grin bounce

#377890 - 12/11/13 04:22 PM Re: New T5 Video Tutorial German / English [Re: tony mads usa]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I loved this video. So glad it was sub captioned in English. I know I will love this feature. As a home player my harmonies should sound so much more realistic..........I hope.

I can see I will have to practice my left hand skills and won't be playing just chords to make this feature work. It's also nice Yamaha made a provision for less experienced players to still use this feature with 1 note.

Are we sure this feature won't show up as 4 tracks in the song creator?? (if it works that way) I'm wondering if 4 tracks of midi data couldn't play these ensembles..............

Anyway.....this still is a cool feature I will use. -charley

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online