SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#377646 - 12/09/13 11:26 PM Re: Tyros 5 MFD Now Available [Re: hammer]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
It could be that

some part of copyright on the backings makes it imperative that only purchasers have access to the file, or being the only part that the dealer can control via registration and access, a real selling point to them. God I hope that they have this soon or when mine arrives here in Aus, as it"s a fantastic feature and one great reason that I bought the T5

#377656 - 12/10/13 03:51 AM Re: Tyros 5 MFD Now Available [Re: Robbo]
Bachus Offline

You can also download it HERE at this Norwegian website

http://keyszone.boards.net

#377660 - 12/10/13 06:25 AM Re: Tyros 5 MFD Now Available [Re: Bachus]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi ...

I'm surprised that the MFD file is so "protected" ... all it has in it is the names of songs, the name of a style, the tempo, etc. Essentially it has "pointers" to styles etc., but no actual song (note) data is in the MFD file. As someone else said, it's sort of a mini-registration with a few settings for songs. It doesn't contain the actual song (note data) and it doesn't contain intros and endings - just a pointer to a style that is in the T5, and what tempo to play it at (mainly).

So, I'm surprised they "protect" it so much. I could see if it were actual MIDI files of actual songs, bit the MFD file is much smaller and simpler than that ...

Jim

#377661 - 12/10/13 06:42 AM Re: Tyros 5 MFD Now Available [Re: jimlaing]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: jimlaing
Hi ...

I'm surprised that the MFD file is so "protected" ... all it has in it is the names of songs, the name of a style, the tempo, etc. Essentially it has "pointers" to styles etc., but no actual song (note) data is in the MFD file. As someone else said, it's sort of a mini-registration with a few settings for songs. It doesn't contain the actual song (note data) and it doesn't contain intros and endings - just a pointer to a style that is in the T5, and what tempo to play it at (mainly).

So, I'm surprised they "protect" it so much. I could see if it were actual MIDI files of actual songs, bit the MFD file is much smaller and simpler than that ...

Jim

If there was any feature that Yamaha needs to TOTALLY OVERHAUL on its arranger KB's it's the MFD!!!! mad .......
they really should take a BIG look & lesson from KORG's "SONGBOOK" on this ASAP! and while their at it change the VH2 to a TC Helicon VH internal unit.

#377664 - 12/10/13 07:15 AM Re: Tyros 5 MFD Now Available [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I don't believe it is a matter of protecting the MFD. There is some speculation the Tyros 5 was pushed out before it should have been with some things not being completely finished or tested. If true, that begs the question what did Yamaha think they knew about the competition that made them want to be first with a new TOTL arranger? Think the PA4X is on the horizon????

Deane

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online